cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 post installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

I am working on a distributed environment with my landscape interacting with an external landscape. I want to clear some querries

before I start making any changes.

1.We have SOLMAN and SAP-XI in our landscape.Kindly share whether the SLD present in SAP-PI 7.3 should be used as a centralised landscape and the SLD inSOLMAN should be basicaly for monitoring purpose.

2.After PI installation, the CTC wizard is run for the set-up in NWA.In the drill down, theres a option "PI in demo client" and "Process Orchestratation".

Whats the purpose of this option?

3.Whats the use of web dispatcher in relation to SAP-PI when communicating with an external landscape?

Regards

RB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Regarding question 2:

- the Demo client wizard creates the clients required for the PI Demo scenarios (see note #1304208   Configuration Wizard: PI Demo Client)

- the other wizard is used to set up the PI system after the install (see note #1548120 Configuration Wizard: PI Process Integration & Orchestration)

Regards

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding #1 SLD. Yes...and no. It depends what white paper, how-to, online help or whatever SAP publication you read. I have seen it written both ways but what I'm finding works best for me (so far, until it doesn't) is to shut down SolMan's SLD and have LMDB pull from PI's SLD(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP-PI 7.3 Dual Stack. 

1.My understanding suggests that "Process Integration and Orchestration Package"  should be run when JAVA only PI is installed.

2.For PI Demo client, this template can be run in the DEV system not in Production.

3. Do we have any mandatory CTC templates which should be run or any which can be left out?

Regards

Rebecca

Message was edited by: Rebecca Alice

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

1) Yes, the Process Integration and Orchestration Package is based on Java only.

2) If you wish to configure the Demo scenarios, then it is best to do this on a Dev/QA system. See the link Demo Examples which provides more details on these scenarios.

3) Yes, the Initial Set-up wizard is mandatory. See note #1309239 Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup, for more details on this and also check the FAQ section of this note.

Regards

Mark

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)if you want to do adminisgtartion using SOLMAN then you have to do some configurtaion in SOLMAN to access your PI components.

You can do administration , monitoring and ALeting also using SOLAMAN.

3)Web Dispatcher for load balancing, but you have to complete configuration to (HTTPS and RFC connections) before using web dispatcher.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/content.htm