cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation range syntax

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a validation working fine with project definition containing 4 characters defined 'ABCD'  as mentioned below:

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'ABCD'

Now our requirement  is user  can pickup any alphabets between A to Z having 4 characters should throw an error..

Pl let us know the syntax .we are trying as below but no result.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this way:

PROJ-PSPID :5-8 = A or B or C or D or E and so on...

regards,

Mahendra

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we tried it but not working .

tried as below also but no result.

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'B' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'C' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'D' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'E' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'F' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'G' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'H' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'I' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-8: = 'J' OR

so on

we are getting syntax error if we go with per-requisite like PROJ-PSPID :5-8 = A or B or C or D or E and so on...

kindly suggest if any other solution

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should go for this logic,

PROJ-PSPID :5-5: = 'A' OR

PROJ-PSPID :5-5: = 'B' OR

so on.

As any how you don't want to use characters from 5 to 8 position in project definition.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i have already tried, but it is not validating

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Just interchange the Prerequisite and check field. Use this logic in check field and the project profiles in prerequisite.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

After interchanging as suggested, still not working the validation.

Is there any issue, this validation has been used as Step8, because of that it is not working.

Step 1 to Step 7 are working fine under this validation profile.

Please suggest, can i have new validation for this exclusive and assign at project profiles.

My requirement is I have some dead project profiles in system, wherein these profiles by mistake user takes also, the validation thrown error because these are not right profiles.

Please suggest

Thanks/srihari

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st try using this step 8 as step 1 means move this step 8 to step 1.

If still its not working then create a separate validation but make sure that step 1 to 7 do not depend on these project profiles used in new validation.

For your information, I've tried this logic mentioned in my earlier post and it is working fine.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

I have tried as suggested ie., step 8 as step 1, and it is working, but this is influencing the steps ie., 1 to 7 project ids, where i am using 4 alphabets. Also i have ensured that the project profiles are not repeated in 1 to 7 steps, but it is influencing.

kindly confirm whether i have to have new validation profile exclusively for this and assign to these profiles.

And another 1 - 7 steps which are my original requirement to validate profiles with project ids.

kindly confirm

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Better avoid confusion and create a new validation. But be careful with the correct project profiles.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is done then please close this thread.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya Rout,

As advised, i have created new validation for dead profiles and assigned, but still i am not successful.

I think i am wrong in logic  pre-requisite & check parameters.

Also, I would like to know if there is any issue if i have two Validation profiles at OPSI for Project Definition level. Though i have assigned carefully the validation rules for the respective profiles.

Please help

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm whether you want to use these dead profiles for certain conditions or you don't want to use these profiles under any circumstances.

If you don't want to use these dead profiles and also don't want to use existing projects related to these profiles, then you can do that by validation using all these project profiles in prerequisite and an impossible condition in the check field.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, these are dead profiles, we are not going to use it anywhere.

please let me know what is  "impossible condition" as per you, bottom line of requirement these profiles are to be ignored in any case if user takes while creating project.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

answered.

I am successful in having single validation with extra step1 along with step 2-8.

I am successful by eliminating dead profiles in all steps and it has worked.

Thanks to Soubhagya Rout for his inputs. Thanks once again

Answers (0)