cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My user want to edit the condition type description so tat it will display in the output.Currently he is using the condition type ZMIS - Miscellaneous Charges but he want to edit the description to get into output.

I thought of using text field which user can mention the descripton..any other alternative ??

Can you all suggest.

Thanks

Shri..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Condition Type description cannot be changed at Sales Document level.

Using the Text Field if the Best option. Ask you ABAP to pick the Text entered by User & Print the Condition Description accordingly.

Also hope you know that you need to use Functional Module READ_TEXT in your Smartform to pick the Text.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Can't we change condition type description at Condition type defination level at Basic Function >pricing .?

I do not mean to change it  at Sales Order level.

Thanks

Rajesh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

What you have said is correct.

But there requirement here is that the User wants to change the Condition Description every time in Sales Document. Meaning to say that in one Invoice the Description for Condition Type -  ZMIS is to be printed as Miscellaneous Charges & in some other Invoices, they want to Print say Transfer Chages & so on...

Thus I have suggested to define a Text ID & pick the Condition Description from there.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jignesh !

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you have decided is the right option. Maintain a text field and map it to the particular field in output. We can not change the condition type description at the user side anyhow

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you change description directly at condition defination level . So that you don't need to make  any changes and new description will be automatically displayed to your output. ?

Thanks

Rajesh