cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Templets & Usage Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need help to figure out about SAP APO DP & PP/DS Templets. I have worked one project that was Support Role out Functionality. My questions are:

What is the concept of SAP APO Standard Templets?

How do we use these templets for the purpose of configuration?

How can we install or set up these templets for Design and Configuration?

Thanks

Shaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan

Please see the following link to understand the use of templates

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/57/92f63aad7e3014e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Template is a way to standardize business processes for a specific business/industry. There is no pre-defined APO template - each project defines each own template in order to standardize their business processes and corresponding configuration and development. Once template is prepared, it is rolled out across geographies/markets/product groups with specific localization. One way to install it thorugh solution manager as the link has explained, though I have not used APO template implementation using SM.

Regards,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Many thanks for your answer. Further, let me ask few more things:

(1).Who draw/define these templets, I meant system itself or user/consultant?

(2). Can we say that Templets are defined as Configured SAP System? For example; when you go to planning run in PP/DS (/SAPAPO/CDPSB0), first system will show you up empty columns/options for planning run. When this options are selected and saved as configured, is it called Templets?

(3). Last, can you please more explain, the Templets roll out process in simple way?

I am very thankful to you and really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Shaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan

1) Templates are defined by consultants based on requirements gathered from users

2) Templates are functional and technical design documents and  can be configured in systems as per design

3) Once templates are ready, you want to implement it in system for some specific business and can be rolled out for some more businesses one after another. During the process, you may identify some requirement which are specific to one business - these are commonly termed as localization requirement and can be part of roll-out to that business. As an example, company A prepares a template and first rolled it out in US and then Western Europe followed by East Europe, Latin America and Asia respectively. Each geography will have some specific business process that will be covered during roll-out to that specific geography. For example, Asia Roll-Out will have Template + Asia specific config/development.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prasun

Answers (0)