cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating SMCR in background

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are installing Solution Manager 7.1 with incident management and charm. One of the main items was the upload of incidents and changes from the old system.

So we started writing a custom made program for incidents (SMIN). We had no problems with that one. But when we started for the change requests (SMCR), we discovered an issue. Apparently it's not possible to create change requests in the background. What is obviously a big issue for us.

Now we are searching for a workaround to create the change requests. Are there suggestions? Or has anyone faced the same problem and solved it?

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I found a check that's responsible for the fact that SMCR transactions can not be saved.

In CL_AL_CRM_UTILITY -> IS_CRM_ORDER_CHANGE_ALLOWED you can find the following check:

CHECK ls_proxy-implementation NE cl_ags_work_bp_info=>c_proxy_incident_doc.

Here you can see, that only incidents (SMIN) are allowed to be created in the background.

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I know that check (actually I have implemented it). Its called from the authority Badi and hinders users to call RfC in GUI surroundings. Special report stacks are allowed such as from solar01 and so on...

maybe overdefine that method and insert your specific stack to the stack table which is allowed,

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me get this right. There is no standard & supported way in ChaRM to import CRs from legacy systems? If you wanted to migrate from a legacy system to ChaRM, you would have to create all SMINs and SMCRs manually? Really? I guess the focus on what is important has been lost again...

0 Kudos

Actually that's correct, you can't migrate CR's to ChaRM. We've considered the option to create SMIN's but the workload would be enormous.

I solved it by putting the check I mentioned above in comment, so I could migrate my CR's.

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I actually have a similar requirement where i need to do mass creation of SMIN`s from excel based data. From the above responses, i could conclude that you were able to do it with custom enhancements.

Can you please help with solution and how to proceed with this?

Appreciate you timely help.

Regards,

Imran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you please confirm the below

why you are trying to get the old change documents ? as per standard it is not advisable to transfer incident tickets, change documents, and hope  you know that new crm_ui wont support the old transaction types.Check the sap note 1613908 Old Transaction Types in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

if you have open change with old type. some f the suggestion from sap is

1. Close the old maintenance cycle task list, create new

2. else work on all the old maintenance cycle with workcenter instead of Ui

Check the below blog the question number 1.7. How to work with charm projects

Also review the sap strategy on content transfer here https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000307372012E

Please update .

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Jansi,

First of all, thanks for the fast reply!

We go live with Solution Manager at the time there's a release in process (in an external program). So they would like to have the current release items in SolMan. That's the reason why we would like the mass upload of SMCR-itmes.

I'll checkout you're given information first.

Tom

0 Kudos

Jansi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're info is for a conversion from an old Solution Manager system to the 7.1?

Actually I'll get a list of requests in excel. That's a list I'll have to upload in Solution Manager. Instead of creating a request manually, it should be automatically as there are a lot of requests. It's impossible to manually insert them in solman.

We also know it's not possible to create SMCR-type in background, as it only supports creation in the UI. But that is no option for us. So we are looking for an alternative.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

please confirm again what are these requests in excel sheet?

are they created without charm as regular stms?

or is it from old solman system

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

The items in the sheet are not related to SolMan. We'll map the fields to the fields in charm.