Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceed the sales order quantity in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have a scenario where i have to address the below requirement

My sales order is created for say 10 units of X service material. This is a order related billings

It is possible that during billing for 20 units or even more..

My requirement is should not have any restrictions on the Sales order quantity and billing quantity

The error that i get is "ITEM is fully invoiced" when i try to over bill the SO with more quantity.

Is it possible to keep the quantity field in SO always active even if it is fully invoiced?

Normally it greys out when we fully invoice the So

Is it possible thru some copy control, that i could remove the restriction billing quantity for SO.

Regards

sudhir chavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you justify as to why you want to over invoice ??  What is the business process ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a EWM scenario, and hence the SO is just kind of Agreement,

Hence to track the service there is a Z development where the actual services procured will be tracked

And billing is to be done referring to the quantity in the Z development.

However it might quiet happen that the Actual service quantity in Z development might exceed the SO quantity.

But since invoice is referring to the SO quantity it allows the Z development to post the quantity and create billing till the SO quantity is exhuausted.

However after that the standard error like the Item is full invoiced occurs.

hence the further motive is not achieved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a EWM scenario, and hence the SO is just kind of Agreement,

Hence to track the service there is a Z development where the actual services procured will be tracked

And billing is to be done referring to the quantity in the Z development.

However it might quiet happen that the Actual service quantity in Z development might exceed the SO quantity.

But since invoice is referring to the SO quantity it allows the Z development to post the quantity and create billing till the SO quantity is exhuausted.

However after that the standard error like the Item is full invoiced occurs.

hence the further motive is not achieved.

Regards

Sudhir chavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs please??