cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

po generation from shipment cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, experts:

I want to know the po generation rule for shipment cost items in SD  transportation, there is not enough official material for this field.

my question as follows:

1, the cost in shipment cost item must be settled through po generation and service entry sheet, if I choose no po generation, the cost will not be settled. Am I right?

2, if I choose "generate po daily" , is that means that all the shipment cost item  is to be settled to one single po?

3, similar to question 2, if po generated monthly, which program should i use to run this po.

4, there are actually 2 shipment cost items, but only one item is displayed in po item, and the net value in the item is showed as the first item cost. but the service entry sheet works fine and the two shipment cost item are settled. so the po generation is really like this?

thanks and best regards,

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I only know the answers for some of ur questions.

1. Yes. You are correct. In order to settle the Shipment costs, you have to enable the PO and Service entry sheet process. Otherwise the shipment cost cannot be settled.

2. If u create PO on a daily basis and not on synchronous basis, then all the shipment costs will get settled using that single PO.

3. I dont know the answer.

4. I doubt this. Ideally if there two items, your PO should contain either two items or atleast one item with the shipment cost of both the items. If that is happening, there is some problem.

However the best forum for this will be logistics execution. If you close your thread here and open in Logistics execution, somebody can give you a better answer. Or you can ask Lakshmipathy to move this to Logistics execution forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, Navaneetha

your answer is very helpful.

you mentioned "on synchronous basis", how to realize that? what does it mean?

I prefer a one on one correlation between shipment cost order and po , I don't know whether it could be realized.

and much appreciated if Lakshmipathy could help move this to LE forums, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, do you know how to transfer the tax on shipment cost item to po.

do i have to add ft00 to standard po pricing schema.

I think copy this from shipment cost item is much preferable than set up a mwst like in schema directly.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

It is called synchronous when a PO is created along with the shipmetn cost document itself.  As you said, a one to one correlation between shipment cost document and the PO is possible and that is the standard scenario. However as again said, consultants may not be able to help you much here. You can close the thread and open a new thread in logistics execution where the consultants who are conversant in shipment costs can help you better.

Answers (0)