cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from TAXINN to TAXINJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client is currently using TAXINN procedure. Now they are planning to migrate to TAXINJ Procedure.

I would be very helpful if you can guide me to let me know the effects of changing tax procedure to TAXINJ from SD and MM perspective.

This is an urgent requirement. Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks and regards

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In one of my earlier projects, a similar requirement came from client (TAXINJ to TAXINN) and when I checked with SAP, following are their comments:-

Please kindly note that changing over from TAXINJ to TAXINN is not recommended unless you are going in for a complete reimplementation & not just a technical upgrade.

They have also confirmed that there is no specific note on this process.

So in your case, if it is not complete reimplementation, then you should caution your client.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me where this is recomended on not to migrate from TAXINJ to TAXINN by SAP. I have to explain to my client on this, since they want to migrate from TAXINJ to TAXINN in upgradation from 4.7 to ecc 6.0 Technical upgradation.

Please suggest SAP notes for the same. And also where I can find this recommendation with complete explanations.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no specific note for this and I have already indicated this above.  You can show this thread and still if your client is not convinced, you can raise a OSS message and get SAP's confirmation.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

TAXINJ - it for formula based

in this process you maintain all normal CIN settings , like plant,company code settings , excise group and serious group ,

and also maintain the master data , account determination , business transactions

in this process maintain the duties at FTXP, FTXA

not maintain any condition records

TAXINN- It for condition based

in this like same as TAXINJ settings but here maintain the condition records at FV11

that difference only, and condition type also different but all data will same

you will search form they are so meany  posts its available

please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bojja for your reply. i searched the forums but what i wanted to know is what effects can take place in SD and MM perspective if my client decides to migrate to TAXINJ, like effects on open Sales orders or PO or anything else.

Thanks and regards

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

its effected for open sales PO also ,

Because TAXINN , TAXINJ condition types and tax codes maintain it will different

it fully different , once you test at sanbox what are the effects it comes , then you under stud clearly,

at open SO , change the pricing procedure also because excise condition types will change and also tax classification of the material and customer also change , effected will  customer and material also , so all changes will comes

once check the sand box then you will under stand