Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the custom links in accessmanagement based on user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am an ABAP developer.

We have created few custom links(Webdynpro applications) and added it to the access management tab using transaction LPD_CUST. Now these links should be disabled based on the user.

I have created an authorisation object and have done authority check. In that way it will open a link and then gives a message saying "You are not authorised" But, we donot want to show the link to the user

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Ideally, all the links are manageable using LPD_CUST. you can refer to SAP Note "1635932 - How to create a Launchpad and associate to a new role" for more detail.

However if there is any authorization check which need to be controlled, it will be managed by authorization object. This will not remove the URL added by LPD_CUST.

So these 2 areas are available to manage the links and authorization checks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj for your response.

I did not create a new launch pad. I have added our custom URL's to the existing Launchpad

Role: GRCACCMGMT

Instance : GRC_SUITE_ACCESS_MANAGEMENT

So my URL's/Links are available in accessmanagement. Now here we want to restrict them.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

You need to have different LPD_CUST to for your different set of users. If you are assigning this role  GRCACCMGMT to every user, all the users can see these custom URL links.

You cannot restrict them with authorizations objects.

You need to create multiple LPD_CUST roles based on your requirements.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj.

As of now we have done with the auth object which will open the link with all fields in disabled mode and says "You are not authorised" .

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So this will work like this only. User who has access using LPD_CUST only, would have the access to see the link without accessing them.

This behaves like this....

Ideally, it should be fine. Otherwise, you will be in situation to create multiple LPD_CUST to handle this situation. Getting 'You are not authorized' message also lead to the correct message that user does not have access to that particular link.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj