cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk user creation with GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert

I would like to get a view how different organization maintain bulk user creation when they GRC in place ,

I see multiple user creation option in access request form but I think thats only for mulitple user  with same role .

How do we handle situation "multiple user different roles " in case of cutover activity if GRC 10 is in place .

Thanks in advance for your inputs .

Best Regards

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I'm not sure but I know that GRC 10.1 doesn't cover this functionality, currently I`m using with my clients a code for this purpose from a CUA (could be used directly with a specific system), It creates massive users by upload file and it can assign role A for User X and role B for User Y for different System (If you need). This utility is frecuently used in SAP implementations and massive role replacement when a role maintenance occurs.

0 Kudos

Fernando, Are you using custom code to do this? Is there a particular FM or BAPI you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

We can add multiple roles to multiple users by selecting users under Tab "Users" and adding all the required roles under "User Access" Tab while raising a request.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sravan

But I dont think you have understood problem correctly .

Let me explain you ,

Under User tab you can add single or multiple user and then in USer access access you can add different role . But thats not my problem .

I wantedted to add different users with different role in same request .

Lets day User A - Role 1 ,Role 2

User B - Role 3 ,role 4

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Thanks for your clarification.

I would like to  suggest a approach use this if possible for your situation.

Maintain all the assignments in Excel, Group users who have common assignments.

One request for one Group can be raised in ARM.

For other Users, each will have seperate requests.

In GRC 10.0 , as per my knowedge we dont have option for your scenario.

Will be glad to know if there is any option fits to solve your scenario.

Regards,

Sravan

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Currently in GRC 10.0, you have the option to create request for multiple user with identical roles.

It's not possible to assign role1 & role2 to user1 and role3 & role4 to user2 in single request.

Workaround given by Sravan is a good suggestion.

There is no such option available.

This is actually a good idea and should be submitted on SAP Idea Place.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas/businessanalytics/sboaccesscontrol

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj and Sravan

I am aware that bulk user creation functionality is not avaible with GRC but I wanted to know how different org handle this situation as I believe this is very practical situation and every one would be facing this .

I would request other experts also to share their experience om same .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Asheesh,

I've raised this with SAP a couple of times and re-iterated it to the Director of Solution Management to feedback to the developers.

To be honest, the main way that I manage this is through bulk uploads in SU10 or creating a catt script which can take the inputs from an excel file.

Have fun.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Simon Said, using Catt or BADI gives fast result, I am sure all SAP customers are facing this issue as Asheesh higlighted.If GRC 10.0 does not cover,Hope GRC 10.1 would cover this,Otherwise, we have to use script.