SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during return posting (FP09)

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting en error " Manual item amount (0.00) is not equal to that of the RL item 000001 (45.00-) " when I try to post a return with option "New Receivables, according to explicit entry". Now - we have enhanced SAP exit to allow return posting using contract account. So initially I thought this error is because of our enhancement but after debugging multiple times - I was not able to find any error in our exit. So can you please help me to understand real reason behind this error? Do I need to do any additional configurations?

Thanks.

A-Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use New receivables according to explicit posting, you have to go into the manual posting tab for the line item (by double clicking, I believe) and enter the amount again.

IS-U validates to see if the amount entered in the initial screen equals the entry in the Manual Postings tab.

Regards,

Ivor M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use New receivables according to explicit posting, you have to go into the manual posting tab for the line item (by double clicking, I believe) and enter the amount again.

IS-U validates to see if the amount entered in the initial screen equals the entry in the Manual Postings tab.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor. Thanks for your reply. We also found out our enhancement code glitch - it was updating amount sign incorrectly in the background. We fixed that. It is working now.

One more problem we are facing related with this is - when we use explicit entry return posting - system is posting return amount using main 0070 & 0010. Same main / sub is configured for return fees - so is there any way to differentiate between these two. Sap return config node has configuration for return fee main / sub but not for explicit return main / sub. Basically we want to display different description for such line items (specifically on FPL9).

0 Kudos

Hi A-Jay,

Have you tried the posting area 0111.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use event 256 and 290 for your requirement.

In event 256, you will get the return mode (RLMOD=3) for new receivables according to explicit entry.

So in this event you can mark them as global variable.

Event 290 enable you to change or add items in the returns document. The items of the returns document that were created to reverse the payment are transferred. These are bank charges posted as expense items, charges receivables debited to the customer, and relevant revenues and taxes.

So in event 290, you can call the global variable and post the charges as you can make changes in

T_FKKOP and T_FKKOPK structure.

Hope it helps in answering your query.

Thanks,

Amlan