Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict forecast dates edition

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find a way to restrict the edition of forecast dates at project definition and WBS element level. My customer has 3 stages in their project planning. The Global, Basic and detailed Planning.

In Global planning we only have one WBS element and we are going to use forecast dates at project definition level to schedule the project at this stage.

In Basic Planning, we add more detail, and have WBS element  up to 3rd level. We are going to schedule the project using also forecast dates.

In Detailed Planning, we add the whole detail with networks. We are using basic dates to schedule the project.

The customer wants to preserve the 3 different scheduling so that they can be checked at any time. So I need to have a way to avoid the user to change the forecast dates entered at project definition and WBS element level. I tried with some business transactions at user status level, but the most I got is avoiding the user to delete the forecast dates, but they can change them.

Any ideas of how to restrict the edition of forecast dates?

Relly appreciate your help!!

Regards,

Thalos.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 ways to deal with it.

1) CHeck with BASIS if you can create authorization object for Forecast Dates field

2) Save the project version every time the users are finalizing the basic/forecast dates.

2nd solution is recommended.

Regards,

Mahendra

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra!

Answers (0)