cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto-save master agreement document on tab change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement where we need to auto-save the master agreement when user tries to move to different tab page when on header page initially.

I tried adding doc.save() statement to FieldDataEdit Script but for that user needs to modify atleast one of the fields from target fields, so that tab change script triggers.

Is there any way through which we can achieve this functionality? Suppose if user doesnt modify any field on Header Tab and tries to move to different tab, document save should be triggered and message should be prompted that mandatory fields need to be filled.

We want user shouldnt be allowed to create new sub-agreement or contract agreement until master agreement document is saved. Is this functionality inbuilt through some settings? Or can we achieve same through scripting?

Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your auto save issue you need to define script in the script definition which will validate your event when you are triggering from one tab to another and then auto saves it with displaying error messages if required.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please guide me writing this script. What will be script type?

On what event we write it, what is tab change event?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to resolve this problem partially (that is on Agreements Create Event) and left out with implementing the same functionality on another event(Upload Document Event on Contract Documents Tab). But I am unable to identify the Target class. Upload Document is different from Contract Documnet Create. What shall be the Target class for Upload Document?

Please suggest how to identify the target class of particular button event.

Thanks,

Saloni