cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No User found in Access Request Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I would like to create a Access Request in SAP BusinessObjects Access Control 10.0 for a specific User. I imported the Roles with the Function "Role Import" in Role Mass Maintenance, after performing a Data synchronisation to get  Data (Users and Roles) from my Back-End System to GRC 10.0. Now, i can see the imported Roles in "Access Request Creation" but when i´m searching for User, i get the Following Message: No records found for the search criteria entered. It seems that no User can be found on Access Request. The Users are present in the Access Risk Analysis. Does anybody  know how Users can be imported to Access Request ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Omar,

Basically, you synchronize the users/roles from back end system in GRC AC 10.0 front end system. After that, you select the respective back end system while creating a request and then search for a user on clicking on "go" button. I presume that you have done all this.

Even though if you do not get users in GRC system, then to me it looks like a "sync" problem. Please check if users you created in the back end system is displayed (a range is displayed) in the summary report of synchronization.

Regards,

faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Firstly, i would like to thank you for Your reply. Users and Roles have been synchronized from back end system in GRC AC 10.0 correctly. Then i can see the Users in "Access Management->Access Risk Analysis->User Level" and the Roles in "Role Level". But when i search for Users in Access Request Creation... I get the Message: No records found there. Roles are present in Access Request Creation after performed a Role import. Does the Users have to be found in Access Request Creation after performing a successfull Synchronization ? Concerning the Roles, after a Synchronisation, the Roles were present in Access Risk Analysis but not in Access Request Creation. First after performing a Role Import with the specified assigned back end system , i was able to find Roles in Access Request Creation.  

Regards

Omar

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Additionally, please check your User Data Source maintained. Ideally all the sync should be done for the connector which is configured as User Data Source.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please check the user data source.

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj and Faisal,

thank you so much for the reply. i took a look in the GRC Abap system in the function "Maintain Data Sources Configuration" and i find the correct connector (in my landscape: IDES) in "User Detail Data Source"  but not in "User Search Data Source"... should the connector have to be done for both?

Best regards

Omar

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Ideally, User Search Data Source connector is the one which searches the user id data and User Detail Data source searches the detail of user which is searched already via User Search Data Source.

So You need to add the correct connector in User Search Data Source and then User Detail data source accordingly.

User Detail Data source can be different based on the data source available for source.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member

Hi Faisal & Neeraj,

after setting the User Search Data Source with the appropriated connector, i was able to find my Users in Access Request Creation.

i appreciate very your help

Best Regards

Omar

Answers (0)