cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode of Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a scenario with the following details.

Lanscape 1                                 Landscape 2

SAP Gateway                                SAP-PI -> ECC

a. WEB SERVICES
b. EDIFACT Messages
c. IDOC XML Messages
d.      Proxy

Which is the best method of integration over the other?

Regards

RT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RT,

SAP Gateway meant for to integrate User interface applications like .net(ASP) but it will not offer all the features offered by SAP PI.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2012/01/31/netweaver-gateway-and-pi--theres-a-pl...

If you have PI in landscape.

Web services: use SAP PI standard SOAP adapter to integrate web service systems.

EDIFACT: You have to use third party or sap b2b adapters to integrate deal with EDIFACT messages.(separate licence required).

IDoc: use standard Idoc pi adapter.

Proxy---use ABAP Proxy.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This is the scenario with the system details of the landscape 1 and 2.

Landscape 1                                                        Landscape 2

(SAP-ECC) -->SAP-PI --->SAP Gateway         SAP-PI ----> SAP-ECC

I sugested the 4 options to integrate the landscape 1 and 2 i.e. WEB SERVICES,EDIFACT Messages,IDOC XML Messages and ABAP Proxy.

Note : I would be working on the SAP-PI system of landscape 2.

Kindly suggest whether Proxy implementation is better than IDOC XML messages.

Regards

RST

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes if you have PI in landscape, you can use all the above methods you have already refered to integrate. IMO, you can also use RFC sender  adapter at PI side to integrate SAP gateway landscape 1 to PI/ECC landscape 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal and Raj,

This is the scenario with the system details of the landscape 1 and 2.

Landscape 1                                                 Landscape 2

(SAP-ECC) -->SAP-PI --->SAP Gateway         SAP-PI ----> SAP-ECC

I sugested the 4 options to integrate the landscape 1 and 2 i.e. WEB SERVICES,EDIFACT Messages,IDOC XML Messages and ABAP Proxy.

Note : I would be working on the SAP-PI system of landscape 2.

Web Services( SOAP adapter) can be ignored as its a SAP-ECC system and EDIFACT Message processing again can be ignored as it would require new license. Now the 2 options left is IDOc XML and ABAP Proxy.

Among with these 2 options, my suggestions stands with ABAP-Proxy. I need to now how ABAP proxy can be more advantageous than IDoc XML? Any other shared information is appreciated.

Regards

RST

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my experience ABAP proxy and IDoc communctaion perfromance point of view same but technically there are some differences

IDoc:

Works Async manner and predefined IDoc strcutures avaikable and with less effrots at ecc side we can integrate.

ABAP Proxy"

Suppiorts both Async/Sync communication but yoiu have to write a abap proxy program in ECC.

Please search in SCN. you will find usefull discussions on the same.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking large volume of messages for this interface, I would certainly rank proxy more than idoc.  Proxy communication takes place between (ECC local integration engine) and PI central integration engine. So obvious its slightly faster too. If your PI version is 7.1 or lower, then above said statement is true.