cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Implementation queries - part 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate for a very good reply for my previous implementation query. After digging more into IDM requirement for my company, i have some more doubts where i would like expert help. Though these are more related to process, but i need to explore its capability for our organization.

1.We are having a lot of internally developed web based applications (like for incident reporting,applying online pass,etc) and BMC ticketing tool. Users are also created in these applications at the time of joining. How it will be known that the connector can be developed for them so these can be connected to IDM. Can it be know before starting the implementation process.

2.As it looks the whole process gets automated with the use of IDM(user provisisoing, user profile/dept change and user termination), do we still need to use any ticketing tool as currently used. If yes, what will be the purpose.

3. As the company employee data can be fetched from HCM to IDM, what can be the process for contractors becuase contractor information will not be there in HCM. Same case if a contractor term is expired, how his identity will be deleted from all connected systems. This means we have to use some ticketing tool still for contractors.

4. If there will be any profile/dept change for employee, how HCM will inform IDM to update the connected system. Is there some job runs on frequent basis to update the idm/connected systems.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

1)  IdM is able to integrate at the protocol level, so there should be no reason a connector can't be developed.  Check what options these products have for integration.  I've not found an application I can't integrate with IdM.

2)  There may be a need to have a ticketing system for certain instances.  If the ticket is regarding a request for a role or a change to a user profile, I would look at not having tickets for those requests as IdM can now handle them.

3)  Contractors can still go into IdM and make requests.  Even if their user did not get generated in HCM.  IdM can handle multiple data sources.

4)  Yes, there is a scheduled job that writes to the VDS with the updated or new information.  You can find the details in the IdM for SAP Landscapes Technical Config guide.

Regards,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

You are missing a database script that is required to activate this functionality.  It is mentioned in the update document for SP5 but not in the Approvals tutorial.

You can find more information here.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt, does this answer is meant for some other query. I am unable to find any relevance to my query.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

you're right.  I think I was answering another question.

Sorry