cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accumulation field in Checing Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Availability check -->Cumulative ATP check in Check Group I have selected the option "3- Required quantity when created, conf quantity when changed"

I further do testing as below.

Material X- stock 10 Qty

Sales Order 1 --> Qty 3--> required delivery date tomorrow --> Qty confirmed in sales order

Sales Order 2 --> Qty 7 --> required Delivery date after 6 months --> Qty confirmed in sales order

Sales Order 3 --> Qty 3 --> required delivery date tomorrow --> stock is not confirmed.

All the baove orders were created on the same date.

I am using a spare part material for all the above orders, except that for second order it will go as a spare part for installation of a huge equipment after 6 months.

As per business requirement, I shuld be able to sell the spare part individually also. So it makes sense that the material should be available to delivery and should not be hold on for a delivery planned after 6 months...

So does it mean with above setting, material is reserved against the sales order?

And what would be suitable solution for our business requirement?

Regards

Trupti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trupti,

So does it mean with above setting, material is reserved against the sales order?

It means that for ATP purposes, you have a 'supply' of 10 widgets, you have a 'demand' for 13 widgets.  With your current ATP setup, that means only 10 can be confirmed.

And what would be suitable solution for our business requirement?

That depends.  One common solution is to automatically confirm any sales order that is outside of 'replenishment lead time'. 

Let us assume that the reason that you feel confident that you can immediately confirm all three orders is that you know that you can build or buy the missing 3 widgets before the 7 widget order becomes due to ship in 6 months.  So, assuming that you can obtain the missing parts in, say 3 weeks, you set your replenishment lead time in the Material master at 3 weeks.  Then, you change your Availability check to include replenishment lead time.  OVZ9 > under Replenishment Leadtime, uncheck 'Check without RLT'.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/f4/7d328744af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49