cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cacel the settlements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Iam trying to cancel the settlements to a paticular WBS, but system is throwing a Error " Business transaction actual settlement has been locked for controlling area/ Version WCSO/000 in the fiscal year 2006, period 6, The function cannot be executed for locked periods, If locked periods are necessary for processing unlock them".

Could you please guide me where i need to unlock this rather i can post settement reversal stuff.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First I would like to know why you want to cancel 2006 settlemetns now?.

Hope fiscal year also closed. The error pertains to versions locking in CO.

Still if u want to unlock then go SPRO path controlling->General controlling->maintaing versions. Here u need to select maintained version and click un lock.

But once fiscal year is closed it is not suggestible to un lock the versions.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Let me explain why i would like to cancel settlements. This WBS is created on 2006 with blank RA-KEY. And now i would like to close the WBS.But system is not allowing to close the WBS because of blank RA-KEY.And while entering rakey system shows hardsop message like first cancel the settlements.  so we are executing cj88 to cancel the settlements rather system would allow us to enter RA-KEY henceforth we can able to set CLSD status to this WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, 

Check this OSS note and discuss implications with your accounting team before implementing this OSS note.

Check whether a cross-year settlement is actually required. Note 140672 describes the options for settling costs from previous years without modification.

SAP Note 424139 - Cross-year settlement.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The error is self explanatory. Since the period for which you are trying to reverse the settlement is closed system is not allowing to proceed further. Opening the period is not recommended and is not a best practice. Find out if your business allows you to open the previous periods to correct the incorrect postings.

In case your business does not allow to open the periods you need to find out the entry that needs to be corrected and there are other standard ways of correcting this. I would suggest you to analyse once again and revert with your findings.

Regards,

Gokul