cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing quantity changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a serious issue regaring billing. In sales order, line item quantity that is order is 400 pc. Its a third party sale. A PR is generate and PO is made for 400 items, but when I am going to invoice with ref to oder, the item quantity changed to 3400 pc. Why the quantity changed in billing doc as i have ordered for 400.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if an inconsistency exists in the table VBFA. I faced a similar issue in the past where the UOM were different in the issuing plant and receiving plants.

If there is an inconsistency existing in the VBFA table it can resolved by implementing a SAP note.

Regards

Geetu

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be different reasons. You need to analyse one by one.

1. The sales unit of measurement and PO unit of measurement are in different units. If they are different, then find out the conversion rate between the UOMs. The quantity of the GR or I.R. from the procurement process will decide based on the nature of third party process you have. If your item category is TAQ, it will be based on the quantity of GR, if TAS, it will be IR quantity (or may be otherwise, as I dont see SAP screen now). Please check this.

2. The UOM may be the same, but the GR itself was for 3400 units though the order quantity was for only 400 units. In your case, please check the GR, more so if it created automatically by IDOCs or some Z programs. There is a typo while entering the quantity.

Because of these things, you can have differences in invoice quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan

Thanks for reply..

I had checked tha UOM and order quantity in GR. Both are correct. GR is made for 400 Pc only.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If that is the case, this cannot be fixed into a Problem---Solution mode. May be this is a non-repeatable case.

Please replicate the same case once again in the test system. When testing, make sure that you use the same material, same item category and the similar kind of transaction. If you face some weird behaviour there also, then it means there is some problem. You need to check the configuration once. Also ensure that developments if any done for this process in the recent past, is also checked.

If the issue is not repeatable, then you can just cancel this invoice, create a new one (which will have correct quantity) and close the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a same senario in test. The order and billing quantity is same. I am attaching a screen shot of document flow of that item. You can see that there are four PO in document flow with same PO number but with different line item and if we add the quantity of that line items means line item 10,30 and 40 then the value come 3400.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul Walia,

Please, Check the copying control VTFA between Sales Order and Billing Quantity at Item Category level in Billing Quantity Field.

Regards,

Nagendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please let me know if you are able to find the reason ... I'm getting the same issue ...

Thanks

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai

VTFA

Billing Type  XXX

SalesDocType XXX

Select the Item category

Check

Billing quantity    A

Pos./neg. quantity   +

Pricing type         G

Regards,

OD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please dont post a new query in an old thread which is TWO-THREE years old thereby pushing such old thread to top of the forum.  Create a new thread explaining clearly what is your issue, what efforts you took to find out the issue.

G. Lakshmipathi