Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple customer list, client-initiated, app

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm a begginer in SUP, and i'm working in version 2.1.2.

I'm trying to make a simple aplication, client-initiated, to get data from an SAP system, using some fields in the start screen to filter the data.

I have this MBO (customer list), created using a ZRFC function, which has 3 input parameters, and 10 output parameters. In MBO definition preview everything is ok. The MBO is in an online cache group, and the 3 fields, in load arguments, are set to propagate to attribute. The findByParameter object query was automatically created.

In the workflow, I created the 3 edit boxes in start screen, and dragged the mbo to the screen which created the "customerlist" and "customerlistdetail" screens automatically.

In start screen I created a "findCustomer" menu item, and mapped the editboxes to it.

The application is "almost" working, because I can filter the output using the 3 parameters. However, those 3 fields are BLANK in customerlist and customerlist detail screens if I don't fill them in start screen.

Should I create a personalization key?

Thanks in advance.

Valter Oliveira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Oliveira,

Everything ok as per ur requirement but need to create the personalization keys for the input of RFC and mapped to the this parameters as a load arguments then propagate to attribute also,now in your screen need to mapped to this input of personalization key to your screen key fields ......then it will works

Thanks,

Syam.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Syam.

Thanks for the help. I have now created 3 personalization keys as you recomended.

However, when I accessed the MBO parameters, load arguments, the personalization key association is greyed (closed for input). To associate the personalization key I have to delete the propagate to attribute. But online cache requires propagate.

Did I missunderstood what you said?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Oliveira,

Need to maintain Cache policy is Online and also maintain the all three parameters set  as a propagate to attribute  and mapped to scrren key fileds to personalization key fileds then it will works.

Thanks,

Syam.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Sorry but I still don't get it.

The MBO is using online policy, and the 3 parameters are set to propagate to atributte and are used in the object query findByParameter. I created the personalization keys but they are not associated with anything.

I never used personalization keys and I don't get how to associate the personalization key.

Could you please detail a bit more?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for the printscreens (and the time spent on grabing the images)

but I can't have "propagate to attribute" and "personalization key" in the same line in "load arguments" tab.

regards,

Valter

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The main question is how to avoid the issue: "in the listview and detailview, why the fields that are parameters are blank when I don't fill them in start (selecion) screen?"

example 1 (ok):

parameters:

city: lisbon

lname: Oliveira

in listview and detailview, i can only see one customer, with all field filled

example 2 (nok):

parameters:

city: lisbon

lname: empty

in listview and detailview, i can see all customers with city lisbon (which is ok), but all fields are filled except lname, because I didn't filled it in selection

Valter oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating the MBO, you should have created the 3 new Attributes (in your case city fname, lname) in the attributes Mapping section of the properties.

In the load parametres section, you should have propagated all 3 load parameters to those you created newly.

You should have mapped the load parameters to actual output attributes of the MBO which would have been bound to data source which is wrong.

Hereafter, you will get the right outputs in the customerMBO and details.

But one thing, you should not show the 3 attributes which you had created in the listView as those are only considered as the input parameters.

With regards,

Raja

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the help.

no personalization keys were needed. in fact, the parameters were associated with output and shouldn't.

adding the 3 parameters solved the problem

Regards,

Valter Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. you are right..

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Just one more question. What would be the point on using personalization keys?

I'm using the online cache scenario (that bypasses the CDB use, right?). I'm making the online request to retrieve data from EIS directly (not from CDB).

I suppose i can make a similar scenario using CDB (caching on demand) and using an online request. What would be the diference? The data would be read, online, from CDB?

And If I'm offline? Could I get the "last synchronized" customer list in the phone?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use MBOs with the cache policy set to Online/DCN only in workflow applications...

1. In case of online, data will not be stored in cache DB.. It will be directly transferred to your device..

2. In case of DCN, your cache will be populated with the DCN requests.. When you do the online request from workflow app, you will get the data from Cache DB..

Answers (0)