cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle restore and recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have restore online oracle database and applied archive log, Database is started and working fine. Now I wanted to apply archive again which are created after recovery .How can I apply log again.

Thanks In advace.

Regards,,

Sahilkumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

If the database is started up successfully, it is not able to apply offline redolog files on it, unless you don't use flashback or readonly database.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

@

Re: oracle restore and recovery

Orkun Gedik  Active Contributor Gold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

>> Is there any other way to change scn or apply offline log after database start.

Unfortunately, there's no way to apply offline redologs, unless you opened the database read only mode or use flash back. Because of you resetlogs and create a new incarnation number on the database.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afaik, there is no way to apply further log once the database is in open mode without losing data made after recovery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my first question to you is why you need more archive log when your database is working fine after apply online backup?

You need to read archSID.log and check the og sequence numbers that you need to restore.

After you can use for example

brrestore -a XXX-YYY=/oracle/DBSID/oraarch for restore

where xxx and yyy is a sequance no of archive log.

Regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kaushal ,

Thanks a lot for reply I had created stand by system . I wants to update with latest archive file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

then follow this step

You need to read archSID.log and check the og sequence numbers that you need to restore.

After you can use for example

brrestore -a XXX-YYY=/oracle/DBSID/oraarch for restore

where xxx and yyy is a sequance no of archive log.

Regards,

kaushal