cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience in Transportation (LE-TRA) -External Planning System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client is considering implemention of full fledged transportation management in ECC 6.0 with 3rd party interface for transportation planning. Planning will be done in external system and execution & reporting part will be done in ECC 6.0.

We had considered SAP TM and SAP APO TP/VS solution as alternatives but because of various factors we want to go with ECC 6.0 option with additional customization wherever applicable.

In ECC 6.0 there is an option Transportation->Transportation Planning->External Planning System. Has anyone worked in this functionality earlier? If yes can you provide high level overview of what it needs to implement external planning? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If my understanding is correct external transporter will plan the shipment and shipment cand execution will be carried out in SAP ..right ?.

Step one :You need to decide which deliveries should go for external planning for X Transporter.

Step2: Setup required master data

Step3 :You need to use VT61 transaction to send deliveries information to forwarding agent.

Step4: Forwarding agent will send the shipment details to you through Idoc.SAP will reprocess the idoc and it will crete the shipment in sap .Rest of the process is normal sap flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Have implemented this functionality or know any customer where it has been implenmented?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my previous project we were implemented on this.They will do external planning for some other deliveries.

For some other shipment types they used CNO-Carrier net .

For carrier net online shipments we crete the shipments in SAP then we will sent the shipment info to external carrier then they will send the carrier to us.

Answers (0)