cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE and J2SE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I´m a new SAP Netweaver platform developer, and I need to learn how to use the J2SE client application connections (Jco) with R/3 system on my engine J2EE... Do I have to rebuild them? or Do I have to make a new application on JSP or APPLET?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you considering reusing something you already have? Otherwise I'd advice not to start writing an Jco app anymore. It is still there, but encapsulated with lots of helpfull API's, though seldomly to use directly.

In case you got an old app, you should first read the docs about how Jco is used in nw04, which is a lot of options and then chose from them.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that I can recycle my application encapsulating it to give a new functionality, even do, if I desire to reuse my code in the motor Web Application Server j2ee, should I turn it into jsp?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the question is, what you want to do with it. First of all it continues to run I suppose. Though, the question should be, what you cannot do with it, what you want to realize with NetWeaver. From there you get to the next steps.

Surely you can reuse your code in a new app - the question merely is why you want to rewrite.

Regards,

Benny

Answers (0)