cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 Enrollment failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to Afaria7 and appreciate if you can help me with the question. I have installed Afaria server + web administrator and its running fine, so the next is enrollment my iOS device to Afaria server. i done the following but afaria client showing "downloading enrollment data done" but it didn't browse to install the Afaria Payload.

Step I done like the following :

1. The server is empty client group, empty policy, and empty device.

2. create enrollment code at afaria administrator ( 8 character length )

3. enter policy name (any name)

4. install Afaria Client on ios Device (from appStore)

5. setup afaria setting in ios device > setting > afaria > Device Management > server name and port

6. start afaria client and input enrollment code  ( 8 character length )

7. display "download enrollment data done".

Wonder is there any missing step in above? is there any step by step tutorial for client enrollment ?

besides, wish to advice what is the port number to be use on step 5.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost Weghorst,

Thanks for your reply, the case close after open port for http and https. Since port 80 and 443 is in use so that we need to open another port and change the IIS setting.

Thanks.

Regards

Choong

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same issue about android devices. Altough connection between afaria and realy server has no problem, when i try to enter enrollment code i get " enrollement failed" message.

How can i troubleshoot? there is no log about it.

I have 1 server for relay and 1 server for afaria and other component such as portal and self service etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

You can try to open your enrollment policy for the Android device and inspect your (TinyUrl or Google) enrollmentcode.

There you can see in what longurl (host and portnumber) your enrollement code will be translated.

Please check if this host and also the ports are reachable.

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I recommend to start a separate thread on Android enrollment as that is a complete different baby compared to the iOS stuff

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I already checked it. And browse that link . I got 404 Error.

Anyway, at the articles it occurs because of another application which user 80 port.

I think Afaria Admin can use 80 port. Then I re-install everything and seperate Afaria and Admin-API in diff. servers. But now I have another problem. because my Admin UI not work beacuse of ASP error. But it is another forum topic ...

Why Installing and using Afaria with full function  is so hard like that really I dont know..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, Afaria can be very flexible. With flexibility a certain complexity comes along. And unfortunately, we do a bad job documenting things. So life is hard if you do this for the first time.

Installing the Afaria Admin on a different server, is not necessarily making things easier. Why not install it all on the same box and make sure the ports do not conflict with each other?

If you want to look at a working install, why do you not download the Afaria appliance and set it up. Then you got an install where you can check how the experts have configured all the components? It might be even recommendable, to just go for the appliance in the first shot to get a feeling for things. And just hooking up the Appliance to the real world has it's challenges (RS, APNS, Certificates, etc)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My real problem is about enrollement. I try to enroll a android phone, I got "enrollment failed" message. No log, no alarm.

I dont know how to check and what to check. So I read some KB and  i saw port conflict can be a reason. so I try to eliminate that reason. And i decided to install Afaria Admin on differen server.

Honestly, I prefer to install AdminUI and afaria on same server. But frankly, I dont know how to check port conflicts.

Actually, troubleshooting and logging part is very weak in afaria. Am I right?

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As long as you do not have your server setup cleanly, I would not try to enroll a device.

Android needs to talk to the Afaria server and the Portal Package server. I think I recall also to the iOS Deplyoment Server, but not sure on that one.

Under the line, you need to get your Afaria setup fully. I am not sure where you got the conflicts from. The Afaria Admin is a IIS plugin that talks to the Afaria API system that in turn talks to the Afaria Server. For that reason, make sure you do not configure the Afaria server on port 80, as the IIS is running there already.

You have to be on the lookout on other services that may block required ports (use netstat to check). Also local firewalls and IDS are nasty. Make also sure you are installing with "Run as Admin".

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I checked ports. Here is netstat output of relay server:

C:\Windows\system32>netstat

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State

TCP    relay_server_IP:3389         my_laptop_IP:54038      ESTABLISHED

So as you see, port 80 is not used.

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hmm, not sure if the connections on the relay server help us to debug your Afaria server installation.

Take a look this Afaria Architecture - then try to map your ports and RSOE connections. Naturally you can leave away Access Control and MC CA traffic, as that you do not care about this for the moment.

(Crap, my browser does not allow me to add a picture at the moment, I will add it later)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Honestly,

I cant create a scenario on afaria server. Because I re-install afaria server and AdminUI on different server due to port business issue. But now I cant open Afarai AdminUI .This is another problem

Why installation directives dont match with reality

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Honestly,

I cant create a scenario on afaria server. Because I re-install afaria server and AdminUI on different server due to port business issue. But now I cant open Afarai AdminUI .This is another problem

Why installation directives dont match with reality

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, your computer reality does not match the documentation reality

For that reason I do my test installs inside a clean VM. Local PC/Notebooks are managed devices cluttered with Antivirus, Backup software, IDS, restricting domain policies and a lot of other crap that can blow your installation.

And when you are not used to those types of pitfalls, you are sucked into infrastructure hell.

Why don't you download the Afaria appliance from frontline.sybase.com? You should be able to set that one up within an hour and at least have some thing to toy with.

On a side note - without error messages and detailed descriptions it is almost impossible to help.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dirk,

As your suggestion I tried to donwload Afaria appliance. But adter download I tried to extract it by using 7-zip or winrar.

There is 2 different error:

1. When I try to extract with 7-zip i get a file  only6.5Gb without extension.

2 WhenI try to extract wit winrar, i can see 2 filex vmdk and vmx, but i cant extracti, because winrar says corrupted  or something else.

As a result, Afaria applience not works as usual

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

here I am again

Can u describe me how to configure afaria server differ than port 80?

Now, I install Afaria7 SP1 cleanly. I install Afaria7, API service, AdminUI and enrollment server on the same hardware.

Now,

Everything seemed ok till try to enroll devices.I tested it with  wi-fi in LAN env.

When I create an enrollment policy and produce enrollment code and apply on androd phone, I get "Incorrect Enrollment Code Entered" message.

here is some screenshot about my afaria server. I dont know what problem about configuration. This section is not a part of Afaria 6.6 Admin course

And yes my afaria7 server IP address is 10.1.1.116

Any wrong configuration in those pictures?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guru,

i've got the same problem.

i'm using iphone configuration utility and attached the log as below.

kindly help, thank you!

Oct 17 17:10:51 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate applicationDidEnterBackground:]

Oct 17 17:10:55 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:10:55 nguyen kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[1498] Builtin profile: syncdefaultsd (sandbox)

Oct 17 17:10:56 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:07 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForeground]

Oct 17 17:11:07 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.updateAppTimeBomb - clientdisabled_preference 0]

Oct 17 17:11:07 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForegroundJailbreakDetected: 0]

Oct 17 17:11:07 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForeground - resetenrollment_preference 0]

Oct 17 17:11:07 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.validateAppListRefreshTimeSetting: 10]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.updateAppListNeeded: 2012-10-17 09:05:43 +0000 interval: 10]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.updateAppListNeeded: 0 elapsed: 324.449376 sec.]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.openURL afaria://e=xr8emrt8jzvopoapp:com.apple.mobilesafari annotation:(null)]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.commonOpenURLurl:afaria://e=xr8emrt8jzvopo]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.openAfariaUrl e=xr8emrt8jzvopoEnrollmentCode: xr8emrt8jzvopo]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: EnrollmentCodeViewController viewDidLoad

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate applicationDidBecomeActive:]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: Reachability Flag Status: -R t----l- networkStatusForFlags

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: Reachability Flag Status: -R t----l- networkStatusForFlags

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: loadAppListForServer:"http://10.86.108.55:80(null)/ps/ps.svc" client:7234bd13f0cf495ce83e23d838f01beba1f008ec

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: doConnect:

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: connection:didReceiveResponse:

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: connection:didReceiveData:

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: connectionDidFinishLoading:

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: Succeeded: Received 334 bytes of data

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: parser:parseErrorOccurred:Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=65 "The operation couldnt be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 65.)"

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: parseErrorOccurred:Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=65 "The operation couldnt be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 65.)"

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: didFinishParsing:

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate appListDidFailToLoad]

Oct 17 17:11:08 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: appListDidFailToLoad

Oct 17 17:11:25 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:27 nguyen syncdefaultsd[1498] <Warning>: Initial test for reachability failed. Let's mark service as unreachable for now

Oct 17 17:11:28 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:34 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: shortenrollmenturl_preference: http://TinyURL.com/8jzvopo

Oct 17 17:11:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [HomeViewController startBackgroundTask]

Oct 17 17:11:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [HomeViewController applyBranding]

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.persistentconnection[apsd,74]] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen wifid[14] <Error>: WiFi:[372157901.189210]: Enable WoW requested by "apsd"

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen wifid[14] <Error>: WiFi:[372157901.190899]: Unable to dispatch WowStateChanged message to client SpringBoard (268435460)

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen wifid[14] <Error>: WiFi:[372157901.191688]: Unable to dispatch WowStateChanged message to client itunesstored (268435460)

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen wifid[14] <Error>: WiFi:[372157901.192439]: Unable to dispatch WowStateChanged message to client softwareupdatese (268435460)

Oct 17 17:11:41 nguyen wifid[14] <Error>: WiFi:[372157901.193203]: Unable to dispatch WowStateChanged message to client dataaccessd (268435460)

Oct 17 17:11:46 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:55 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:11:55 nguyen timed[17] <Notice>: (Note ) CoreTime: Received timezone "Asia/Singapore" from "Location"

Oct 17 17:11:55 nguyen timed[17] <Notice>: (Note ) CoreTime: Current mcc: '525' simulated:'0'.

Oct 17 17:11:55 nguyen timed[17] <Notice>: (Note ) CoreTime: Not setting time zone to Asia/Singapore from LocationAndNetwork

Oct 17 17:11:55 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.persistentconnection[dataaccessd,83]] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Oct 17 17:11:56 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:12:03 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:12:14 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.persistentconnection[apsd,74]] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Oct 17 17:12:19 nguyen CommCenter[61] <Error>: kDataAttachStatusNotification sent, wasAttached: 1 isAttached: 1

Oct 17 17:12:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [EnrollmentCodeSeedDataDownloader connection:didFailWithError: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out." UserInfo=0x5e8e9f0 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://tinyurl.com/8jzvopo, NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://tinyurl.com/8jzvopo, NSLocalizedDescription=The request timed out., NSUnderlyingError=0x5e42460 "The request timed out."}]

Oct 17 17:12:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: HomeViewController enrollmentCodeSeedDataDidLoadWith: nil and http: nil

Oct 17 17:12:40 nguyen Afaria[1073] <Warning>: [HomeViewController stopBackgroundTask]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you had read this: http:\\help.sap.com/afaria7sp5/

Under "Managing Afaria" section?

apoorva_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Choong & Joost,

I am facing somewhat a similar  problem while trying to enroll an iPad in freshly installed Afaria 7. It says "Enrollment Failed"

Performed following, step by step as per the installation guide:

1. Installed Afaria 7 Server, Administrator, Enrollment server and Portal server on the same machine (w/o Relay Server). Afaria administrator working fine with http://localhost/Afaria/Default.aspx. I can access Afaria Administrator through browser from my iPad and other machines. Port settings are default. Checked with netstat command, port 80,81 & 443 are in listening state.

2. In Device Communication page, selected HTTP with port 81 and Address for Device Communication with http://50.XX.XX.XXX:81. If I change this to 80 Afaria Server do not start.

3. In iOS notification  page, APNS Push Certificate (for Mobile Device Management) gets validated.

4. Generated an enrollment code.

5. Installed Afaria client on iPad from appStore.

6. Start Afaria client and enter enrollment code, display "Downloading Enrollment data" then shows "Enrollment Failed"

7. If I set Afaria setting in iOS device > Apps > Afaria > Device Management > Server name and port 80 and then enroll again it says "Connection Failed"

Kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can try to download and install the Apple iphone utility configuration program on your client. Then put the usb cable between your iPad and client.

The program will read and display the logging from your iPad device so you can pin-point the exact error while trying to connect the Afaria client the Afaria serer.

I hope this helps you to find the exact cause of the problem.

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Some advise like the following:

1. Device Communication port cannot set as 80 as this will crash the default IIS port.

2. Afaria Client setting in the iOS device is not necessary, those setting will be auto fill in when you are successfully provision with the correct enrollment code.

3. Check the port 80 and 443 on the firewall setting whether its open.

4. Check the mentioned port is point to the correct server if you are using public IP.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choong,

Please check your enrollment settings from the Afaria admin panel. Go to Server --> Properties --> Component -- > Enrollment Server.

The default ports to acces the Afaria server from the devica are port 80, 443 and 3007 (depends if you are using a Relay server and secure connections).

You should also configure the iOS notification part in the Server properties.

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

This being stuck this error for 2 days, hope anyone can suggest some idea to work around.

Thank you,

Regards

Choong