cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inspection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have created one inspection X5 type by copying inspection type 05 for mvt. type 531.But in case of material in which inspection type 05 is assigned and this new inspection type X5 is not assinged system is creating inspection lot with inspection type 05 with mvt type 531.

How system is generating inpection lot with inspection type 05 when X5 is not assigned there for 531.

How to restrict this.

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way is QAAT0001 enhancement.

(Your requirement is why this exit is exist in SAP.)

But unfortunately there is no parameter for movement type.

You can use order number or storage location to select an inspection type.

Regards, DoWook KIM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to assign inspection types to movement types as you wrote in standart. Inspection origins are assigned to movement types hardcoded in the system. You can define new inspection types under same inspection origin. I think what you have done is creating a new inspection type X5 and assigning it to inspection origin 05. Having this customized, if these inspection types are maintained for the material system will choose one of the inspection types based on the order of assignment to the origin, or the preference mark on the material master. Thus you can assign X5 type to all the materials in question, and mark the inspection type as preferred, in order to have X5 assigned after 531 movement. You can also deactivate inspection type 05 in material masters, however this will affect all movement types regarding 05 inspection origin.

For conditional selection of inspection types or avoiding inspections completelt, there is a user exit, QAAT0001. In function module EXIT_SAPLQAAT_002, you can decide which inspection type should be assigned based on the attributes of the movement as it is being recorded.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Özgen,

Thanks for your valuable input,in my scenario i need both inspection type 05 & X5  for some of the materials.I am using 05 for customer return and X5 for mvt.531.will it be done as you mentioned in your input.

With Regards.

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate both in material master.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ozgen,

I am not able to resolve the issue,my requirement is inspection lot with movement type 531 will get generated only if inspection type X5 is assigned in the material master.If there is no assignment of inspection type X5 in any material master so there should be no inspection lot generation with lot origin 05.

With Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be best if you have written the things you have done in customizing, master data etc. and problems you have encountered. Nevertheless since inspection origin is assigned to other movement types besides 531 hardcoded in the system, anything besides user exit will affect other goods movements as well. So my advice is implement user exit QAAT0001, module EXIT_SAPLQAAT_002, check QMAT table if inspection type X5 is assigned to the material, then either raise no_inspection or assign X5 inspection type to the return structure.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Özgen,

Let me start from Scratch followings are the step i have done:

1) I have activated Quality Inspection on Mvt Type 531 @OMJJ.

2) Ceated Inspection Type X5 by copying it from 05.

3) Assigned it to inspection lot origin 05.

So what is happening is whenever there is 531 movement in the system it is creating inspection lot by inspection type 05.But my requirement is inspection lot with movement type will only be get created when inspection type X5 is assigned to that material that too with inspection type X5 not 05.

With Regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand it, you want to use 05 for all customer returns.  In additon you want to use X5 for movement 531 for certain materials.

This cannot be done without an enhancement.

You will have to look at using user exit.  Activate both 05 and X5 for your materials.

QAAT0001

Inspection type determination different from variant 01

Use the above exit to select either X5 or 05.  05 if it is a delivery, and X5 if movement 531.  You can also suppress the creation of the lot if none of the requirements are met.

FF

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your material master --- quality tab --- and see which inspection type is assigned.

Activate it with X5.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari