cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro DC add file problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help NWDI gurus, will reward points

i create a new Web Dynpro DC in the development configurations perspective and inactive DC view

this goes fine, then i add an app, view, and window to this new DC and afterwards get 3 dialog boxes each asking to add files to DTR, the first 2 only ask to add 1 file each and the add goes fine, but the 3rd one asks to add many files (example /NWU_EPTR1_Dtest32sharpusa.com/src/packages/com/sharpusa/test32/Test32AppInterface.wdcontroller) and if i select the Add button NWDS hangs, the cursor turns to hourglass and it never comes back

should i just use checkin to upload the files and this activity?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis,

I have encountered the same problem. To avoid it, you should create everything in smaller steps. So first create your wd component, than add a window and a view and finally create your application. Every time you will be asked to add the files to the DTR, but not all at the same moment. For some reason the studio hangs when you try to do all this at the same time.

Regards,

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

As far as I know, it should ask to add files only once when u create web Dynpro Application, (comp, window, view are part of it). It should only once to add files to DTR, thats when u create a new activity, after everything completes, then u will check-in.

if u have any screens, and wants to provide more info, you can contact me @ Peddisetty@gmail.com

/Raj.