cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Level Down payment capturing line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

1: I am doing down payment on sales order at header level now the issue is i have 5 line items (Materials) when i create down payment and create billing document (FAZ) I am getting 5 line items.

Mat     Qty   Value

Mat-1    5  100

Mat-2    2  400

Mat-3    1  300

Mat-4    2  600

Mat-5    2  700

Now when i am doing Down payment with FAZ i am getting all these lines in my Down payment billing document. My client needs only single line. Need help. In copying control i am using 020 Copying control . Kindly suggest what to use.

Secondly i want to view cleared down payment in my Display document Means I have Cleared 20%  down payment now when i complete my billing invoice and when i display document data entry view it shows cleared Down payment figure as well as invoice figure also.

Example:

Customer paid  50% down payment 50000

After complete Invoice of 100% . billing should be like this

Customer 50000    Debit (paid Down payment amount)

Customer 50000    Debit

Sales      100000-  Credit

If Down Payment is not a Revenue then why we use condition type AZWR and acct key as ERL

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about "pure down payment items"? SAP Note: 528608

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still Waiting for help ...

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Answers to the questions are provided below.

1. For first question:

Behaviour of the system is correct. Though the billing plan is enabled at header level, the value of the billing plan will be distributed to each of the items and accordingly when you create the downpayment, you will have to % of downpayment amount distributed on pro-rata basis to all the line items. At the item level, the billing plan will show that it is header and it header level it will show the completion status as partly processed for billing. After all we invoice only the line items and not the headers in SAP. So, the values provided at header level, whether it is billing plan or header conditions, it gets distributed (or duplicated in case of header conditions if enables in such way) at item level and only item gets the values.

2. For the second question

The question you are raising is the correct question. We have downpayment and we dont have any account key enabled at AZWR. We only have reqmt routine 2 enabled for the condition type. On the creation of final invoice, the value of the received downpayment amount automatically is reconciled and only the balance is debited to the customer. I hope you need to talk to your FI consultant on this. Be sure that your downpayment requests and downpayment requests are posted to special GL account indicators F and A as per the process defined by SAP. If this is followed, rest of the processes will fall in place correctly.

Lemme know if you need more clarifications on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Navaneetha Krishnan,

Basically i have 5 line items and customer does not want to see 5 lines of down payment. They want to see down payment of single item. If i go for line item down payment then for billing i have to use Header billing and that is creating issue. Client's requirement is down payment on sales order . Now 5 line items on billing document for down payment are not acceptable for him...

Regards

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not possible. If there are 5 items, there will be 5 items in the DP request also. Totalling up is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing is i am not using AZWR in condition type. Any impact of not using AZWR for down payment. In my copying control i am using 020 is it ok for header based billing...

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge the condition type AZWR is the key for the whole downpayment process. Without AZWR it will not work. Please check the condition category of AZWR. It is e and that is the entry which controls the entire process of downpayment.

Regarding copy control, it doesnt matter what copy control routine you use, invoices will always have as many line items as the order line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha

i am using milestone billing at header level (without ps). the billing dates and the percentage are

entered at header. My transaction is as below:

total sales order value: 100,000

line item in so : 1 only

at header billing plan:

19.06.2012 --- 20 % ----03 (date category i.e. down payment)---faz (billing type)

28.06.2012---95% -----01-- f2

30.06.2012--5%--01--f2

it seems that SAP doesn't consider the down payment amount as paid i.e. inspite of the fact that 20% amount is down payment i have to maintain separate billing dates amounting to 100% (95% and 5% above) and not just 80% balance after deducting the down payment amount.

2. the value of azwr is blank both at header and item level. how does SAP determines this value.

i have maintained requirement 2 (item with pricing) and calculation type 48 (check down payments) against this condition in my pricing procedure.

thanks

Deep