cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the Handling unit moved back to Outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We face an issue with Handlilng units in Inbound delivery. Ou scenario goes like this. We create an Outbound deli for a PO,pick and pack it. Then when we PGI the outbound delivery, we have Inbound delivery created automatically with the HU copied from Outbound del. to inbound delivery.

Kindly request your suggestions to move the HU from Inbound del .back to Outbound delivery. we are not able to chanage the status of the HU in Inbound delivery.

Please help me how can we proceed..

Thanks

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding once you do Outbound delivery PGI then inbound delivery created automatically and all handling units get transffered to inbound delivery.I guess you are using stock transport order.

If you want to change the handling unit status fron inbound delivery to outbound delivery then once you cancel inbound delivery the handling unit staus get changed to outbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You are right.. thats our scenario.. But problem in my case is that we are not able to deassign the HU from Inbound delivery without which i cannot delete the Inbound delivery.

On getting in the packing area it shows me that "HU status is Goods issue posted " and cannot be changed.

We tried reversing the PGI of Outbound delivery as well. And the GR of Inb. del is also reversed.

Please let me know if you have anyother suggestions.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess You reversed inbound delivery through VL09 transaction ...Right.

To delete inbound delivery go to VL32N transaction ,Select all handling units then select tab un assign the handlin units.

Once it is un assigned then select copy putaway qtys as delivery qty then delete inbound delivery.

Once inbound delivery deleted then the HU status automatically changes to outbound delivery.

Can you tell me what is the status og your handling unit whemn you see HU03 TTL content tab.It should be Inbound delivery.If it is any other status then you can not delete your inbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I tried doing those already in VL32N and on selecting the HU and trying to delete the assignment System gives me following error message "HU functions outside of the delivery only via unique number assignment" - HUDIALOG 38

If i try to empty the handling unit, it gives me following error message "

Handling unit 9012595551 has status "cannot be changed" - Process cancelled

Message no. HUGENERAL 053"

Regarding the status of HU.. yes it's "3"- Inbound delivery.

Can you please help me.. We are stuck in this..

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what is the handling unit last movement .Is your inbound delivery reversal or any other posting.How do you pack the inbound delivery are you using any function module or any different process following ?.

Is the sytem allowing to cancel other sto inbound deliveries ?.If yes there must be some wrong with inbound delivery.Please let us know your HU history.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Last movement for HU is the inbound delivery reversal. And we don't use any function module for packing. We do manual packing as usual.

And this problem seems to occur for any Inbound delivery irrespective of any Plants. Do we have any OSS Note for the same.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/help.

Regards,

Dhilipan

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer below notes :

I am not sure if these would help you.

If you are able to cancel other inbound deliveries ( STO inbound deliveries with out any problem) then I would suggesnt receipt the goods in receving plant then send the goods back to supplying plant with return STO.

If still you want to cancel the inbound delivery then write a OSS note to SAP to cancel the inbound delivery, they will cancel for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sridhar. We are currently posting a return STO after GR as we are not able to delete the inb. delivery.

Let me check the same with SAP and i'll post if i get some updates.

Thanks

Dhilipan