cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core user vs core team members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Pls inform  -  what is the differance  in between Core User and Core team menber?

Regards

S. Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on your oganization.

Core team member however is usually a person assigned 100% to a project team for purposes of an implementation or upgrade.  They usually represent a particular aspect of the business...i.e. production, quality, finance, etc...  A core team member can be an outside consultant as well. It jsut usually means a person that is 100% on the main project team.

I haven't been on projects where they used the term Core User so it could mean different things at your organization.  It could have two meanings that I see. 

First - you could be using it to discuss part-time project team members that might have responsibility on a local basis for a particular area.  I.e. a production planner in a plant might be assigned to the project 50% of his/her time and has to provide input from their plant's perspective.  Sometimes these people are also considered core team members, it depends on your project.

Second - it could mean the power users.  These are subject matter experts in their particular area and will eventually serve as the "go to" person for their plant or division after go-live when there are problems or issues with SAP.  They often are used to train, (train the trainer) other local users.  They might be responsible after go-live to review and approve changes to SAP that impact their area, custom development, config changes etc..

But your project manager should actually have a document or something, (power point, project org chart), that actually defines these positions. Most projects I've been on did.

FF

Answers (0)