cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Client Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used separate client as part of my Service Desk Functionality in past and as I understand SAP 7.1 client strategy there is no need for an SAP Solution Manager 7.1 system to have more than the standard clients 000 and 001. So can you please provide your comments on different client strategy for Solman 7.1 respect to short term and long term benefits to use different Solman Functionality/Modules.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

To my knowledge there is no difference regarding Client Strategy between SM 7.0 and SM 7.1.

Generally you copy client 001 into a new client e.g. 100.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Alex.. Sorry I meant 001=100 ref. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3165447 but Is it good idea to separate any of the Solman Functionality with new Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution manager functionalities are mostly interdependent. Like for example, Service Level Reporting depends on EWA Reports, CCMS configuration, BPIM etc. Hence it would be necessary that all are running on the same client. Further more there is no need to separate them as the configuration is not conflicting and as per SAP designed to run on same client.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mehul,

that's correct, there is no changed client strategy,

best regards,

Michael

Former Member