Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large number of candidates in a single requisition

edumarcelino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very concernd to the huge volume of candidates that I'll must to upload in a single requisition.

At least 20.000 candidates, and his candidacy to a external job posting.

In portal, the WD to candidate administration have not any pagination, and try to load all candidates.

Process an activities to all then is become a painful work.

Have someone experimented this kind of performance problem ?

Regards,

Eduardo Marcelino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramprabhu_Sukum
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would not recommend adding 20,000 candidates to a single requisition. Your application will definitely time out unless you increase the system time out parameter.  Frankly speeking E-rec cannot handle this many candidates in a single requisition. You will face lot of performance problems.

Assigning 100 cand takes about a minute. You can think about how much time it will take for 20,000.

It is about 180 to 200 minutes:-))

or you can write a report to do this in Background mode.

Regards,

Ram

carla_seehausen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the customer I am with at the moment also has a lot of candidates on single requisitions. Not 20.000 but about 1.000 or 2.000. Besides the performance concern I am also wondering if E-Recruiting allows for this many candidates to be assigned to a single requisition or if there is a technical maximum (that might need to be adapted)?

Would you be so kind to share your experience with me concerning large number of candidates?

Thank you and best regards,

Carla

edumarcelino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

how was your experience with large number of candidates?

Here my customer has a public contest process. In this examination are approved between 5k to 20k candidates. It depend of number of vacancies.

We developed an upload program to import this candidates at e-recruiting.

Another problem was that candidate invitation must respect the sort order by exam grade.

I had to implement too many enhancements. At last it worked fine.

Let me know about your experience.

Best regards,

Eduardo Marcelino

Answers (0)