Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to modify JVM system parameters.

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

I hope you can help me out with this issue.

On a Netweaver Java 7.3, under Java Settings Properties --> System VM Parameters im trying to add the parameter

user.timezone UTC-3

When i click to Save it shows the message Unable to modify JVM system parameters.

System # 1

I did the same on other 7.3 system and it worked flawlessly, so there must be something different on that system.

System # 2

Any idea why this modification is being rejected on the system? Since 7.3 is mostly Webdynpro, where can i find the log in order to get any detail.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Probably you try to modify a system template which is not activated or the mentioned parameter  is disabled.

You can modify or add VM parameters on instance level in the configtool as well. Instance - VM parameters - system

Further infromation of the issue can be found in the defaulttrace: \usr\sap\<SID>\<INSID>\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log

Logs should be reviewed right after reproducing the issue.

Kind regards

Istvan Elek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

Hope you are doing good.

We have seen similar issues when doing this via /NWA. The best option and practice is to use the configtool. Although many innovations have been done on the NWA end, amending JVM properties there should be avoided. In later versions SAP is planning to completely do away with config tool as a admin tool (it will be used only for disaster management).

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Default.trc file would definitely help you in order to find the root cause.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check if configtool is properly connected to database.

Thanks.

Ravi