cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partialy Confirmation Reschedule Work of a Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my scenario: I have a task with 5 days of duration and 100 hours of work (20 hours per day). When I confirmed partialy today the task only 10 hours and save the project, the system adds the 10 hours that should be confirmed today forward. Then, the last 4 days of duration is 22,5 hours per day, and not 20 hours as I planned first. I can see this in CM07 transaction. I need the system put this 10 hours that I didn't realize today as a delay (in the past) and not in the future.

Someone could help me?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats because the system calculates the remaining work and distributes it within the remaining duration. Thats stanadard.

rgds

Saurabh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think what you are trying to achieve is that the partial confirmation of the work should not result in the updation of the work originally allocated to the activity.That is confirmation of 10 hours should let system determine the remaining work as 10 hours as per the intial plan. But what the system does is that it takes the partial confirmation as completion of the work and lets the system distribute the work as per the new schedule.

I have a query-why do you need to reschedule if the schedule has not changed?

And if it has to be rescheduled then Mahendra's solution is the one that would work.I had posted a similar query with respect to scheduling and confirmation. You can have a look at the propsed solution there-http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184133.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are using backward scheduling. In case of backwards scheduling system will try to fit in the remaining work keeping in mind finish date. In case you want to reflect the same as delay, then you please use forward scheduling.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahendra, this is my case. I tried to put this project in forward scheduling but the scheduling continuos as I described. This print screen below is in cm07 transaction. I've confirmed only 10h today, but I should confirm 20h.

You can see that the 4 x 2,5 hours is scheduling forward, cause the late 10 hours that I've not confirmed today.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you see system has done forward scheduling. It is not only forward scheduling but also backward scheduling.(first priority for forward scheduling and then backward scheduling)

At first run system has calculated the finish date based on available capacity. Once the finish date is calculated, system assumes it as one fixed date to carry out scheduling and it also does backward schedule.

I would advise to please remove the finsh date (network header level) and again carry out the scheduling.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahendra, the dates is not changing (it's not the problem), but the requirements (hours) is changing as you can see in print screen.

In our company, we need to see what is late, even when a person confirm a task partially.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you  try this option?

Choose 'Do no update Dates' in confirmation parameter.

It will make sure actual dates are not updated so it will not do rescheduling or re-planning of capacity.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

the problem still occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood your question " I need the system put this 10 hours that I didn't realize today as a delay (in the past) and not in the future"

I think it is not correct way to monitor it. Because the report you are referring is nothing but capacity allocation based on the planned and remaining work.This report is not for plan/actuals.

I would rather suggest user to use 'forecast finish date' to enter the possible finish date for activity based on actual work done. this will make sure that you are coming to know what was planned as baseline and what is the possible end date for this activity after delayed confirmation.

this will give you fair idea how much delay is there when you compare with originals.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tiago,

What Saurabh said is correct.

My take is that while doing partially confirmation please maintain the ratio so that next time you will get expected output from system.

Regards,

Pranav