cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No system ack in soap call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a Soap request and response step in bpm. If there is no connection to the receiver a system an acknowledgement has to be triggered. Thats why I created a block with exception branch around the steps. For test reasons the connection to the receiver is broken. So the soap adapter is trying 5 times (every 5 minutes) to built up a connection and I can see the neg. ack in SXMB_MONI. But now I would expect after this, the exception branch is triggering. But nothing happend. I have changed in TA SXMB_ADM the variable ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE set to '1' instead of '0', but nothing is changing.

In SXMB_MONI the ack is marked as transient. I know, i should be permant. When is the error status changing to permanent?

What ever can I do to catch the system failure.

Best regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When an Adapter Goes into Error, it automatically tries to resend the message 3 times at an Interval of 5 minutes.

To change this setting, <i> Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.</i>

Look into this blog and the section for Adapter Engine Error, you will understand the same better,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you seen already this ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

I think my problem is, that the ack is transient and not permant. Transient (temporarely) acks do not initiate the exception handling.

But when is the ack status changing from transient to permanent?

Best regards

Mathias