cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTS inconsistency and number scheme question?

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can Someone help me with the following:

1. In Configuration, Is there a standard way to do country specific check for HTS number scheme as opposed to going to view "/SAPSLL/V_TCOTS" via SM30 and updating it from there?

2. How can I remove the HTS inconsistency associated with a part number when I have unknowingly deleted and recreated an HTS # with an additional attribute for country specific setting and wanting to update the same in classification tab of product master?

Error I get is:

Error in object /SAPSLL/PROD_LLNS_DATA_PREPARE; contact technical support

Thanks,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Not sure about question 1)...

Question 2) If you classify products / setup scheme codes and afterwards change the HTS schema settings this is the error you`d typically get, as the product classification stored already does not match the new customizing/schema codes. You`ll need to delete entries from /SAPSLL/PRCTS table (and /SAPSLL/PRCTSC if you use country-specific schemas,and/or /SAPSLL/PRGEN if you change additional product attributes). It is usually handy to have a small abap report to flush this table during prototyping so you don`t have to delete them manually in se16 each time you change customizing/schema codes...

Hope this helps,

Brano

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brano,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I will definitely try out refreshing the tables you mentioned to clean-up the data.

On question# 1, what I am trying to ask is where in configuration in GTS 10.0 can we setup "Country Specific" check mark for HTS number scheme instead of going and finding a table view and then doing it through SM30.

I am asking because I would expect a standard way within config to do that as opposed to doing it using table views.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

To find the 'country specific' check box in customizing, I`m quite sure its this direction : SPRO -> Global Trade Services -> General Settings -> Numbering schemes -> Define numbering scheme for tariff code numbers. This then technically opens the same customizing view...

Hope this helps,

Brano

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Brano,

Thanks again for the response. What you said perfectly makes sense and I tried doing it assuming that the country check would be there on this screen but in GTS 10.0 I don't see the country check box at all on the "General Control Data" window of the main screen.

I am wondering why SAP would design something of that sort unless I missing some silly thing here.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Sorry I cant access 10.0 system at this time 😕 Hopefully someone else can help you...

Regards,

Brano

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brano,

Even if it is version 8.0 or earlier, can you look at the number scheme settings and let me know if you can find it? I can get 8.0 version details from a friend of mine working at another Client location.

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Try double clicking the numbering scheme in that screen, works in 7.2 at least , should be the same in 8.0. SM30 also finds the IMG customizing path for the view - The button is on the right bottom section of the main screen.. Hope this helps you find this elusive checkbox,

Regards,

Brano

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brano,

GTS 8.0 and 10.0 has exact same look w.r.t to the SPRO screens.

The place you mentioned does not have Country check in either version. The only place in IMG I could see this under Classification Help --> Assign Control Procedure for Text Comparison to Tariff Code Numbers. But when I double click on the scheme here the "Country-specific" check box is grey'd out.

The only way to maintain I saw is through SM30 but I also noticed yesterday that the check vanishes if I do any change to the Number scheme customization and have to manually do it again.

Will try to check with SAP itself. Thanks for your help on accompanying me this far.

Regards,

Prashant.