cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration with BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to APO. This question may seem like silly but it will surely be helpful to novices like me.

I want to know the detailed steps /settings needed to integrate internal bw with ecc system.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratyusa,

Like any BW project, it depends upon what you wish to 'integrate'.

BW is included within APO to support certain features within APO.  There is no inherent necessity to 'integrate' with ECC; this internal BW system would happily run integrating only with the APO server applications.

Most Demand Planning implementations include creating custom BW functionality used to support Sales forecasting.  Here you would use the same techniques to extract data from ECC as you would with any other BW system.

Sometimes a project to implement a non-APO BW system will need to have data that only exists in APO and APO BW data structures.  Here again, you would use the same techniques to extract data from the APO internal BW that you would use to extract data from any other BW system; nothing special required.

There are no 'standard' detailed steps required to integrate APO BW with ECC.  The BW consultant may decide to create some links, based upon the client's business requirements.

Within the Best Practices for Demand Planning, there exists a Configuration Guide which contains a sample of an extract used to move data from ECC to BW.  This is always a good starting point if you know nothing about BW.

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/bblibrary/html/y94_scm701_en_xx.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. you gave a simple and easy to understand description.

In a scenario I want to extract data from a flat file (.csv) to SAP APO planning book. In this case as per my knowledge following things are required.

1.extracting the data from the flat file to a datasource.

2. creating an infocube. and mapping this infocube with the datasource.

3. creating info package under the infocube and then extracting the data from the infosource.

4. creating a DTP to transfer the data to infocube.

5. creating CVC, planning book in APO

6. extracting the data in infocube to the Planning Area in APO.

What I have done:

I have done steps 1 to 5 successfully. I can see the data in infocube also. But while transferring the data from infocube to planning area(already created CVC, Planing Area) It says copy successful. But data is not available in planning book. while checking the error log it says

No data exists for the selection made (see long text)

Message no. /SAPAPO/MA401

Diagnosis

Data could not be loaded from the Cube for the selection you made. Check whether the Cube actually contains data that is relevant for your selection.

If data does exist, check that all the time characteristics of the Cube are filled. If not, the program does not return data since it always uses all the time characteristics of the Cube when making selections.

Procedure

If the problem is caused by unfilled time characteristics,

you have to fill them or remove them from the Cube. Procedure for System Administration

I cant understand what's the error? where I have committed mistake.

Regards

Praty