cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts,I'm getting error while creating Index for query in Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

,I'm getting following error "java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.common.slaveregistration.ISlaveDescriptor.writeData(java.io.DataOutput) of an object loaded from field com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.master.index.internal.IndexCreationRequest.serverDescriptor of an object loaded from local variable 'this'" while creating Index for query in Explorer.

Thanks,

Vishali Ragahava Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishali

Can you explian based on what you created information space whether it is based on Universe built on top of HANA views or any other ,request you to give more details.are you indexing information space or Query?

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I'm getting same error for both Information models as well as Universe which is created from HANA using JDBC Connection.

Thanks,

_______

Vishali Raghava Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishali

Can you confirm whether you have  copied njdbc.jar to the below path or not?

\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\newdb\

Also confirm that ODBC connection created for HANA under data USerDSN or System DSN on your server system using Administrative tools.

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Both JDBC and ODBC connections are working well.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are able to ping your server and host entries are made in your file ,as mentioned if you have copied the jar files to mentioned repository ,it should ideally work, I followed these configurations and was able to work,otherwise it may be problem with your server may be there are two different  instances of CMS, yop need check with your BO administrator.Let us see what others say.

If possible can you mention the steps or screenshots of what you are doing till you face th error.

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please provide your mail id. I'll drop a mail regarding screen shots.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My mai id is santosh_aravindmca@yahoo.co.in

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Problem is solved. Actually i didn't keep aggregation  type as SUM for measures. I kept Aggregation type as SUM for measure in both Studio, Information Design Tool.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishali

Good to hear,Yes  you need to do convert it as Measure with Aggregation type of your suitable, I thought the problem was at the configuration end .Thanks for letting us know the solution for the problem.

Thanks

Santosh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found one more reason for the same error.

If the same error occurs for all the Infospaces, then there are good chances that the ExplorerIndexingServer is down. Please try restarting the indexing server.

SAP Note Refrence :

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3...

Thanks and Regards,

Naras