cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ error on FINBASIS tech usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All, when I run through the MOPZ to build my xml file for an upgrade from ECC 6.0 EHP 4 to ECC 6.0 EHP 5 Stack 8, I keep getting an error in MOPZ indicating "Select a technical usage to upgrade FINBASIS 604" - when I go back to look at the components FINBASIS standalone is greyed out and I can't select it?

I don't know how to get the tech usages, When I click on the button get technical usages in the component page "Choose Stack", a box comes up that basically goes to know where ? Image is from after I click on the "get technical usages button" - in the project ID if I select our last project - nothing happens.

? Anyone encountered this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your respective product system in SMSY, check if the relevant Finbasis techincal usage is activated accordingly. You would have to select the 'In-use'/'Relevant' option for the technical usage.

Then retry MOPZ.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As suggested by Srikrishan you have to check ur existing system details in smsy.

Check the technical usage selected for your system in smsy and then run MOPZ.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Pankaj

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It's just a punctualization, but in SMSY you don't select technical usages. It is product instances, they are different entities. A technical usage may include more than one product instance, and each product instance may be included in different technical usages.

In this case, it is necessary to enter SMSY, go to the Product Instance Selection tab and check Finbasis standalone as 'also installed'.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, So I follow the instructions but I don't see FINBASIS and I am not sure how to add.  I am on this version of sol man.

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

I go into SMSY. Go to Landscape Components -> Product Systems -> SAP ERP -> D10 ( which is my SAP ECC System development ) -> On the right window panel I see the Product Instance Selection Panel ->

Under this is a lot of components. I don't see FINBASIS. How would I add it or mark it as relevant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now the Product Version for your system is being shown as 'SAP ERP 6.0'. For this product version, you would not be able to see the Product Instance Finbasis. In the header data tab, add EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 also and then open the system under that product version. Then you should be able to view and select Finbasis product instance.

Regards,

Srikishan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 701 is added to the Header Data tab in SMSY for your system.

Then, under the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01 node, you will see that in the Product Instance Selection tab there is a 'Finbasis' product instance you can mark as 'also installed'.

EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 701 is always to be preferred to EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 as product version. The full explanation about this is the difference between the PPMS 1.0 and PPMS 2.0 product models, but I think for now it is enough to say EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/ NW 7.01 is the right one.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks Miguel, I went back in and figured out that in Technical usages for MOPZ I had to check Financial Supply Chain. Once I had this checked i recieved no error in MOPZ and can continue. Now I understand this process a little better. This one blog had some good info as well about tech usage notes and marking components relevant in SMSY.

sunny.pahuja2Previous post Next post  

Currently Being Moderated

Sunny Pahuja 

ERP System with Enhancement Packages Installation/Upgrade

Posted by Sunny Pahuja in sunny.pahuja2 on Jan 19, 2012 4:16:23 PM

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just FYI I have entered some observations in a comment in the blog you link. They are nothing major though.

Choosing Financial Supply Chain Management  is based on the same logic upon which we were suggesting product instance Finbasis. The comprised software components of each of them are different, both comprise FINBASIS 604 but Financial Supply Chain Management will make Maintenance Optimizer assume that more software components are on 604. So please check the attachments of note 1165438 and make sure that the comprised software components of product instance "Financial Supply Chain Management " are present in your system. They probably are, but it is best to check.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Miguel, I see that the components are different and we actually require the financial Supply Chain Management.  ( I think your handling my SAP message as well  )

Answers (0)