cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS - QA systems refresh from PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have integrated CRM and ERP QA systems which we would like to refresh periodically with transactional data from the respective PRD systems.

Can you tell me if the integration settings between the CRM and ERP QA systems will remain unchanged after such refresh OR they will have to be rebuilt?

Regards,

Alper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which integration settings ? Can you elaborate a bit ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Since our landscape is complex  with many integrated applications like ERP, CRM, APO etc. we would like to know how TDMS deals with integration of target systems.

1.  Does Shell Creation convert logical system names and set-up the integration between newly created target systems (based on the integration between the source systems)?

2. Does Time-slice scenario preserve the integration settings between newly refreshed target systems? Or they have to be re-built manually after every refresh?

Regards,

Alper

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

Now I am able to co-relate your issue to TDMS

1. Shell creation will not convert logical system names , however TDTIM/TDTCC scenairos do take care of the same.

2. If you are heavily customized on EDI/ALE , I am not 100% sure how TDMS plays with the same.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in addition to question 1

Shell Creation won't convert logical system names automatically, but it's one of the post activities (BDLS) which you have to do manually.

Mostly there is nothing to change because the shell system contains only client independent data and client 000 don't have a logical system name (normally).

So BDLS will have a very short runtime.

Furthermore you have to adjust the RFC connections and so on.

But you have to do this just one time, because you can reuse the system for a TDMS refresh.

During the data transfer with TDMS is the conversion included.

Best regards

Volker