cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Need your suggestion on how to achieve the below requirement in SAP and how the process would work as a result. This need to integrate with FI too

1. Customer pays 30% as advance

2. 60% at the time of shipment

3. 10% after receipt of goods

Your help would be rewarded with points.

UV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try OBB9. Basically you can take multiple payment terms with percentages and set them up in tiers.

This transaction directly follows the Terms of payment configuration in the IMG.

Good Luck!

Debbie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UV,

Your scenario is something like Milestone Billing Plan. You can go thr this link which would through more light on Billing Plan.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/31/03953401024735e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

OR

we can also go ahead with a downpayment request being generated every time you get a advance and all these would be settled in the final billing. you can create a downpayment request using F-28.

we had earlier mapped similar requirement using downpayment F-28 only.

Think in these links. this would help you to solve the issue.

Pl give feedback

REWARD IF IT HELPS.

Regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>IMG -Sales and Distribution-Master Data-Business Partners-Customers-Billing Document-Define Terms Of Payment-create the new for ur requirement 3 things</b>

And assigned to customer master,and the SKTO condition type assigned to yhe ur pricing procedure.it will automatically from customer master.

Rewards point it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debbie and Lakshmanan for your responses. It would be more helpful if we can walk thru the process on SD side. Could you help?

At the time of order, the customer pays 30% and we need to send an invoice (proforma is fine) immediately. Likewise, we need separate invoice for each installment and the final invoice should show only the pending amount.

Also, is it possible to block the process at each stage of installment with an override function as in credit management. The whole process need not be achieved using payment terms. It could be any other custom solution.

Thanks

UV

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

I know with the multiple payment terms it is set up to only generate 1 invoice. Since this ages properly you could consider doing the 2 subsequent invoices outside of SAP to send to the customer.

I also know there is something called installment payments in SAP but I do not have any experience with it.

Another option to consider would be to create a debit memo with 3 lines with separate billing dates. Place the correct amount on each line so that it bills at the appropriate time. This does work but be aware that this also updates sales analysis unless you do something to fix it. I'm assuming you are selling a part. You cannot list the part 3 times because sales analysis will pick it up as 3. So you would need to sell the part on the first line with the first payment and then do the other 2 lines as an item category that does not update your SIS info structure. Then you could get separate invoices each time.

I hope that helps!! Good Luck!

Debbie