cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration model deactivated after copy back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know where there's a defined process that needs to be done when we do Copy back from Production system to Quality.

FYI : Both ECC & APO systems copy back was performed from P to Q.

What happenned in our case was all the Integration model was deactivated in Q after the copy back. So when we generate (RIMODGEN)

and activate (RIMODAC2) the models, the Activation process takes for ever and some times not completes.

When the system is copied over, we really dont need to bring in all the data as part of the CIF, as to some extend we would have the data in sync as a result

of Copy back. Is there a way to Activate integration models without the entire data transfer in the above mentioned scenario.

Please advice

Rgds

Gk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GK

When you copy P to Q, please check entry for logical systems for all configs e.g. SM59, SPRO etc to make sure that correct logical system is maintained for Q system. For details of the config, you may check http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Interfaces+-+Core+Interface+(CIF)+and+BAPIs.

Then you should change logical system entries for all existing integration model so that APO Q system is mentioned in place of P Box. Only after that you should run RIMODGEN to generate the IM. For Activation, there are two options:

1) You can run RIMODINI which would trigger an initial transfer and move everything - it is recommended but time consuming

2) You can run RIMODAC2 - this would be faster and since its a system copy, this can work

In both the cases, you should run a CCR to make sure there is no discrepancy.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You gave me some good reference material in your reply. I will try to work with these.

187455 Generation & Activation of Integration Models in batch Documents programs related to generation, activation, deactivation and deletion of integration models

We are able to some regen & activate some of the models, But some of the models take a long time ( more than a day) and times out.

Rgds

Gk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GK

For time out, please also work with your Basis colleagues to check the loading on the workprocesses. I am not sure if you are using Parallel processinfg or not, but that is worth trying.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we do have parallel processing ON. Thanks for your inputs.

Rgds