cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File receiver - Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm configuring a RFC->File scenario with PI 7.1 and getting the following error in SXMB_MONI, when trying to visualize the inbound payload (generated file):

"Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/[file_path]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><!-- Technical Routing --> --nota_ini--; --------------..."

The scenario, previously, was under a 1:1 multiplicity at operation mapping and at that time, the inbound payload was visible in SXMB_MONI, not as XML structure but as file structure, just as it's in the text file generated.

I've changed the scenario to work as 1:N, generating as much files in the target FTP as Docnum comes in the source message.

The interface works fine, the multi-mapping is performed successfully and I do can see the several files being generated in FTP. However, I cannot see the files payload (Request Message Mapping -> Payloads) due to the mentioned error.

The following thread shows a similar problem, but when reading a text file, and I'm writing one.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1682111

No errors found so far.

Has someone any clue?

Tks,

Rafael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

If you use ICO where your Interface does not has ESR objects, then for PASS-THROUGH scenarios via PI system with dummy service interface, we will get such message when we try to open the tab - MessageContent - and select Payload from the list box.

Best Regards,

Ram

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using sequence of mapping in the operation mapping? If so check the output of each mapping and validate any mapping like XSLT or java mapping that cause this issue. The mapping final output seems giving invalid syntax xml. 

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks your mapping output was not valid, pelase test your operation mapping in ESR and see the ouput.

have you written any condition in Interface determination?

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How could the output not be valid and the interface is executed successfully and generates the output files perfectly with all the desired structures, content, names, routing rules respected, and so on?

When I go to Test tab in Op. Mapping, it doesn't show any structure to input test data.

When I click on Source Text Views button, it shows only:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><__EmptyDoc></__EmptyDoc>

If I remove this line and insert the XML from Message Mapping test and hit Tabular Tree View, it shows the structure with red nodes, but the test pass successfully generating the target structures (many files) properly.

I don't have any conditions in interf. determination, just routing rules in rec. determination.

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><__EmptyDoc></__EmptyDoc>

If I remove this line and insert the XML from Message Mapping test and hit Tabular Tree View, it shows the structure with red nodes

It looks like some kind of additional attributes for some segment gets added to the source structure and since this is not expected at the real source structure, you get red nodes, but the mapping would work. you have to cross check at the red nodes, if that is really expected.