cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC PC 10.0 : Error when creating Data Source with SAP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm implementing PC 10.0 (SP8) and i'm facing an issue when I want to create a data source based on a SAP Query.

When I create my Data source, I can search and select my query in the tab "Object Field", but when I try to save my settings, I get the following error message:

Functional area 'ENVOISD_FI' does not exist, connector 'SP9CLNT601' : Where ENVOISD_FI is the technical name of my query and SP9CLNT601 is the name of my SAP system. For information, the Query Area is Standard.

I don't understand wich functional area I have to create?

Has anybody an idea what I have to do ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Nicolas RICHARD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, debugging the issue,I found that there is a wrong variable (user group) being passed as the query area to the function module RSAQ_REMOTE_FUNCAREA_FIELDLIST and since mentioned FM at the monitored system converts every "non-initial" Query area that it receives to "G" (global area), then it can't find the queries at the global area where they don´t exist.

Say you have query named Myquery, that uses info-set  Zinfoset and belongs to the query group Ygroup. Then when you create the data source, GRC PC is calling the function module telling the monitored system: Bring me information from Myquery that resides in the area Ygroup.

The monitored system receives this: Query=Myquery, area=Y (it gets truncated as it´s a 1 character field) and converts it to area=G then finally as it can´t find the query at the G area it returns the error saying it doesn´t exist.

I´ve opened a message to sap already. Let´s see if they create a note for this, I´ll let you know.

Update:  Here is the note 1792961

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nicolas,

I´am having the same problem, only querys from Global Area give results in GRC. I also try to execute te query via Rule Script and Rule but the job log shows a runtime error .

Does anyone able to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Best Regards

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Looks like the data you are trying to fetch using this Query has some relationship with the Functional Area ''ENVOISD_FI''.

Check whether that Functional area is defined in Tcode 'OKBD' or not.You can define if required.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I tried to define the corresponding functional Area through mentioned transaction but nothing changed, I still get my error message.

I don't think that the functional area mentioned in the error message deals with ones defined in the transaction OKBD.

It seems to be related to Infoset created in SQ02 but my Infoset "ENVOISD_FI" is properly defined.

Do you have an other Idea?

Furthermore, I saw that I've this error only for Query of Standard Query Area. I get no errors for queries of Global Query Area. How to explain that?

Best regards.

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I am facing the exact same problem. Stanadard Query throws the error that Functional Area does not exist.

Were you able to solve the problem?