Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Inspection

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonderd when I see stock in inspection stock tab in Usage Decision

I configured  inspection type  copy to  08 inspection type I removed the tick mark in post to stock, when i do with in plant transfer i got  inspection lot   stock is showing in unrestricted but when i see usage decision  inspection lot stock tab also appear and stock also  appear in UD screen when i do  this quantity  to block or any other stock it is posting

my query is if we remove post to stock  tick mark  in UD screen  Inspection Lot stock tab should not show this business purpose any configuration have to incorporate  kindly guide me if any body know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The stock posting is still required in the UD.  If you look at config for the UD stock posting lines, you'll see different movement types configured, one for when stock is in QI, one for when it is in unrestricted.

When you inspect, you may decide the material was bad and want to move the material to block stock. You can do that and the system will move it from unrestricted ot blocked via the UD.  Otherwise you would have to a separate material movement.

Using an Automatic UD for these lots where you have received the material directly to unrestricted inventory makes the issue of having to do the stock postings moot and a non-issue.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please kindly read my  requirement

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought I did.  Otherwise I would not have replied.

You want ot untick the "post the QI" button.  You do this and find you still have to perform the stock posting.

And I said, yes.. that is how it works.  Standard system behavior.  There is no configuration to change this.

What I suggested is that you use an automatic UD and allow the system to process the lots.  Than it is a non-issue for your users.

Also, if you set up the UD code, and in the selected set for the "A" UD codes, you tick on the tick mark for "stock postings in the background"., than when the user selects that code the stock posting will be done for them.  No need for them to go to the stock posting screen.

FF