cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarforms Page Protection how it's working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everynone,

I have a Page Protected problem in a home made Smartform for invoice.

In the main window, I have several tables.  The first one is for the items, and the others are for the totals.

I don’t want to have a break page in the middle of an Item, and I don’t  want to have a break page in the total.

Table 1 (Item table) no break page on an item

Table 2 (Tax total)---|
                            |-> no break page on total

Table 3 (Total)--------|

How can I make this ?

Thanks a lot

JC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use the concept of a Folder (see help on Smartform and Folders). Define a Folder and move your Item or Total output into the Folder. You can set page break protection on Folders.

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

Thanks for your answer, but when I'm defining a folder under the table, I have no access to the "Flag" Page Protection.

Regards

JC

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have created a folder then it will certainly have a "Page Protection" flag on the "Output Options" tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but it's grayed out

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At what level/point have you created your folder? For example if you want to protect a table line from page-break you would create a Folder under the Main Area and then create the Table Line within the Folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

I have created the forlder under the Main Area, and when I try to create a table under this one, I have received this popup, and after the page protection is grayed out.

I have the same thing, when I have tried to move the existing table under the folder.

JC

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you creating a table under a folder? That is why the page protection is being greyed out. A table will theoretically page break at some point, therefore the page protection of the enclosing folder is meaningless.

You could try creating a loop within the Folder, this seems to retain the page protection at the Folder level. Though this could mean a lot of rework for you.

Could you better explain a part of your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

Now I understand what you mean, and I'm pretty sure that I have to "re-write" this Smartform made by another developper.

I was a bit lazy, and I want to find an easy solution to my problem, but I have to recreate the main window to avoid the page break problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

JC

Answers (0)