cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using shared folder for toAscii Pass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to  generate files from SAP IdM using toAscii pass to shared folder which is mapped to the server where my runtime is running. For some reason I keep getting errors complaining file not found. When I mapped this drive I've mapped it with a different user if I'm not wrong when IdM runs these jobs they will be executed with local administrator. So how do I set permissions on this folder to update a file from SAP IdM.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double slash the whole path if you are going to use the UNC:

Using shared folder for toAscii Pass\\SAPIDMVDS01\\idm_batch\\SAPTEST.txt

Also I have found that trying the task running the WINDOWS engine will sometimes give a different, message which can be helpful during troubleshooting.

One other thing I seem to remember is checking the parent folder permissions as well.  Make sure the dispatcher account can access those as well.

Good luck!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

I've resolved this able to access the folder by modifying UAC on the folder.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I have got a similar problem. Need your expert advice.

I am trying to generate few reports on IDM UI they get saved as CVS files but can only generate once in a day . Because file name is Report-2015-05-25.csv. If I try to generate one more on the same day it gets replaced . I wanted to generate report in format Report-2015-05-25T13.20.35(YYYY-MM-DDTHH.MM.SS) so that I can generate many reports on the same day and access.

Now Destination format is %$Date8601% and I have modified it to format as                                     %$ddm.datetime8601% . in job log as below and ran the job.It tries to generate file but job fails due to syntax is incorrect.

ToASCII.initPass got exception, returning false. File:D:Report_2015-05-25T13:20:35.csv

java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:Report_2015-05-25T13:20:35.csv (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Thank you

Ranjan

peterwass
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can't have a colon in the filename.  You'll need a new date format or perhaps use a script to set the filename as a context variable or something similar.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for quick reply ...

Yes we have a script in place . I tried changing this script format also but could not fix .

// Main function: custom_local_createReport

function custom_local_createReport(Par){
//Example calling DSE internal function
//uStop("Terminated by user");

file=uFromFile(Par,-1,"TRUE");
file = "Report_"+"%$ddm.-date%"+".csv"+":"+file;

//uErrMsg(1,File);

return file;
}

Thank you

Ranjan

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I get the problem, are you writing the report to a file successfully and you're trying to access the file in another pass? (as you have uFromFile-function call)

Are you creating the report in job or provisioning task?

If in job you can store the file name to job variable with uSetUserVar/uGetUserVar.

If in provisioning task you can store the file name to context with uSetContextVar/uGetContextVar.

For changing the date as legal part of file name simple uReplaceString would work:

var today = "%$ddm.datetime8601%";

today = uReplaceString(today, ":", "-");

I always take the "T" character off from the date as it looks silly in filename:

today = uReplaceString(today, "T", "_");

regards, Tero

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe, are you using a mapped drive or UNC?  IDM does not always like UNC's....

Also, just as a double check, did you confirm you have write access, quota space, etc?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

The IdM will access this shared folder with the user that is running the dispatcher service.  So may not be administrator.  I think it's LocalSystem by default.  Also, if you have multiple dispatchers for the job, you have to make sure that all dispatcher service users will be able to access that location.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two run time servers on two different servers the dispatchers were deployed on these servers and were running with local administrator. I have given access on this folder to everyone but still I see the problem of file not found. Not sure if the approach that I'm taking is right one or is there any other alternate or best apporach were we have to send files from SAP IdM to 3rd party

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your process seems fine to me.  I've done the same thing.

I'm surprised that your services are running as "administrator".  Is this the machines local administrator.  Did you manually do that change?  Try logging into each machine as administrator and make sure you can access the share. 

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user that I've created on all the servers belongs to the same domain and is part of the Administrators group. The reason I have to run the dispatchers as administrators is when I deploy the dispatchers as service I keep getting the Access denied so I have to run them as local administrators.

But going to back to my original question though the users that I'm using which is the same and is part of Administrators group but still I get those erros.

THanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your set up seems correct and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be working.  Did you try logging into the server as the user the dispatcher is running as and seeing if you could reach the share successfully?

Another thing that might be causing problems is the "\" character, that's an escape character and might be messing with you, you could try using double \\.  For example:  C:\\file\\location\\somewhere.  Then the other thing is just what Matt said, make sure there's no space characters or something that's causing problems.

Do you have the exact error message?  That might give us some clues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error message.

ToASCII.initPass got exception, returning false. File:J:\SAPTEST.txt

java.io.FileNotFoundException: J:\SAPTEST.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

Where the J drive is mapped to \\<myserver>\<foldername>

within MC when I browse for that file thru my toAscii Pass I can see the file and i can browse the file from my run time servers as well.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of specifying just the J drive I've tried giving the fully qualified path. now I get the Access denied errors. which mean the job is not using the same user that I'm using to login into the server.

ToASCII.initPass got exception, returning false. File:\\SAPIDMVDS01\idm_batch\SAPTEST.txt

java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\SAPIDMVDS01\idm_batch\SAPTEST.txt (Access is denied)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your windows event log, on whatever server the share is on.  It should give you the user that got the access violation and tell you what it was.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently my dispatchers are running as local administrators if I run dipatcher as Domain Administators who had permissions on this folder then I'm able to edit the file. But if I start my dispatchers as domain Administrators I get an error OpenSCManager failed - Access is denied  to avoid this I'm running as local Administrators.  Is there any way we can run the dispatcher as a regular users without having to run it under Administrator.

Thanks,

Joe.P