cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery for SAP PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We want to set up a DR server for a SAP PI 7.0 live environment. By taking an image of the database will ensure us that all the objects of the PI live environment will be copied to the new database, i.e. SLD, IR, ID objects, or do we need to follow the export-import process on the new PI server that has to be configured from the beginning?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Anupam mentioned, the image should be enough. I hope the basis team is taking care of keeping the production system copy hidden from the current network as the channels will be activate (e.g. polling as soon as the the DR system enters the network.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member

Hi All,

Due to the fact that the technical specifications of the XI PRD server (cluster) differ from the XI DR server's, the PI DR server had to be configured from the beginning and all XI objects had to be manually imported into the new server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Disaster recovery: Are you worrying about downtime minimization or worry about server failure due to xyz reasons...

But if you want same replica of production server copy then your basis team can copy the same system (extra hardware required).

You can search in SCN Zero down time PI7.3 and understand the concept.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am worried about downtime minimization and effort minimization. I want to avoid installation, configuration and export-import of Integration Builder objects...My basis team keeps telling me that imaging is not possible due to the fact that the technical specifications of the XI PRD server which is a cluster are better than the XI DR server's. Any ideas?

Thank you.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member

Hi All,

Thank you all for your replies. Actually, I'm worried about the effort required and the fact that the technical specifications of the XI PRD server (cluster) differ from the XI DR server's. Will the imaging be enough for both ABAP and Java stacks? Technically is this executed via SAP's export-import tool? And after that no more post-configuration steps are required?

Thank you.