cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Issue ......2 tables in mainwindow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing one smartform having 2 tables in main window one after the other (requirement is like that) . The data for these 2 tables comes from one internal table only. I am looping the same internal table two times. My issue is : while displaying data, the second table is filling only after the first table filled completely. so the second table is coming in next page. But actually, i need the 2 tables in same page and with same number of entries( If table1 has 6 entries , table2 has same no of entries as both are from same internal table and are related as the first line of table1 is related to first line of table2).

Please suggest me how can i achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priya ,

As per my understanding you want the same data to be displayed on two tables side by side , please consider a secondary window and main window side by side, .'.  after printing the data in the secondary window table , main window table data will be printed . and your requirement will be obtained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would create third internal table Table3 to merge Table 1 and Table2.

then sort the table3 per as I need.

Best Regards,

Meher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If I understood correctly then you want 2 table are displayed in same page as follows:

Table 1

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Table 2

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

here table 1 and table 2, Lines are either same or related (Table 2 lines can be fetched using table one lines)

you can achieve this using two windows one main window and other one is secondary window with same size.

say as per above example table 1 has 10 rows and  if one first window you have to display 5 rows in main window and related records in Secondary window.

Main Window

Table 1

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

Line 5

Secondary window

Table 2

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line 4

Line 5

as we know main window will run only once and secondary window for all instance of page call.

so your total records will go in table for main window, and for secondary window you have to move records from table 1 or from any other table based on condition of table 1 line.

you have to take care this using program line.

Regards,

Pritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you ......But my problem is not fitting the tables in a page nor design the tables. I have done the designing and everything. My issue is : Table1 first row is relate to table2 first row. I have to show both in same page.So that they will sign on that paper and give to vendor.  But presently, the table1 is filled totally and table2 is following. I dont want this. I want one entry in table1 and 1 entry in table2 on same page. Hope you got it. Thanks .....

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya,

If there is no sufficient space for the 2nd Table to print on the first page.. it will automatically go to 2nd page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is table content displaying in same page from internal table is same?

if no ,how will you differenciate the two contents that is comming from one internal table as you told like some entries  for table1 ,other to table 2?

Thank and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looping the same internal table for both tables on condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Do you want to display few columns of internal table in first table and remaining columns in another table?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First design the line type for table1 with how many columns you need.. then design the line type for second table with left out columns..Then at the time of creating table line give the corresponding line types...

After it place the corresponding columns headings in the main area(table).. MainArea->Row->cell->Text...  EX: &lwa_table-firstname& ..

thanks,

kumar

former_member209920
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Can you share more details like screen shot of output and table conditions etc

Thanks

ManuB