cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup dedicated SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Server 4.0 in DMZ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to following installation:

Client:

• iPad iOS 5.0.1
  • App: SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 4.1.1
  • App: SBO Explorer 4.05
  • App: SAPBusinessObjects Experience 1.0.2

External Server:

• OS Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
  • Tomcat-Server 6.0.24
  • Firewall between the internet and the dmz (Port 8080 is open)

Internal Server:

• OS Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
  • SAP BusinessObjects BI PPlatform 4.0 SP2 Patch 16
  • SAP BusinessObjectsExplorer 4.0 SP2 Patch 16
  • Firewall between the dmz and internal network (requiered Ports for AdaptiveProcessingServer, CentralManagementServer and WebIntelligenceProcessingServer are open)

On the external server I have deployed the MobileBIService.war and MOBIServer.war file.

The server.properties file from MOBIServer is configured as follows:

#BO Explorer Connection

connections.explorer=connection1

connection1.displayname=OurNickname

connection1.serverURL=http://<internal Serveraddress>:8080/explorer/

#BO Mobile Connection

connections.mobi=connection2

connection2.DisplayName=OurNickname

connection2.BOBJ_MOBILE_CMS=CMSName

connection2.BOBJ_MOBILE_URL=http://<external Serveraddress>:8080

connection2.BOBJ_MOBILE_AUTH_METHOD=secEnterprise,secSAPR3

connection2.BOBJ_MOBILE_CONNECTION_TYPE=CONNECTION_TCP

Now the iPad can connect to the internal server over the internet and mobile server via the app SAP BusinessObjects Mobile, but with SBO Explorer or SAPBusinessObjects Experience it doesn’t work. The external server doesn’t initiate a connection to internal server.

Do I have to configure/install something additional?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Markus Körner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is never a good idea to place your App server in the DMZ, a Web server or router or LB should go into DMZ, tomcat should be with your BOE servers.

That way you have only 2 ports open - one in external firewall and one in internal. Much safer and easier to configure/maintain solution.

In your case - you need to open ports for all the Explorer servers, possibly connection server as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

Thanks for your answer.

I have configured an apache server as reverse proxy.

Everything works fine.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I am new to SAP BI mobile. Can you suggest how you implemented this ?

I am struggling on it .

Please help.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

please have a look at the "Mobile Server Deployment and Configuration Guide" URL: https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001131222013E/sbo41sp2_mob_inst_dep_en.pdf

Especially page 9, there is an overview about the different implementation options.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

We have only our Web server in DMZ. We are using BO 4.1 SP 3.  Do we need to install the mobile components in the Web server and deploy mobile War files into Tomcat?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bilal

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need to deploy mobile components on web server, those stay on tomcat.
Your web server will forward all request to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis, Thanks for your quick reply!

We have two servers internal and external. The Internal server has both BO 4.1 and Tomcat 7 but the external server has only Tomcat server and it points to the BO in the internal server. The external server is in DMZ by LB. I do see MobileBIService and MOBIServer folders in Tomcat-->Webapps of the internal server and when I check the following link, I am getting the successful version

http://lnternalServer:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

But I dont see MobileBIService and MOBIServer folders in Tomcat-->Webapps of the External server and when I check the following link, I am getting an error page.

http://ExternalServer:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

As the Internal server is not in DMZ we are using an external link for mobile connection in the mobile device and I am able to see the Tomcat page with the external link as well. But all when we try to connect to the server we get following error on the device

Connection to the server could not be established; try
again or contact your administrator (MOB06031)”

So i suspect the issue to be with the mobile war files not in external server.

Please advise and also let me know just copying the MobileBIService and MOBIServer folders from internal server down to the external server and restarting the Tomcat will work or do we need to install the mobile components in the external server and redeploy the webapps?

Thanks again!

Bilal

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do you have Tomcat in DMZ and not a web server ?
How did you make tomcat in DMZ forward requests to internal server ? (tomcat usually isn't capable of that)

If you're accessing tomcat in dmz, then such tomcat needs to have all the web apps you're accessing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get you what web server you mean. here the internal server is our Application server and the external server was set by installing only web Tier applications so it has only Tomcat server which points to CMS of internal server and not any SIA of its own. on top of this we have LB which is in DMZ. So any request thru the external BI Launchpad link will go thru the LB and hits the Tomcat in the external server which is pointing to BO repository of internal server and it works in that way.

So please let me know, in this case, just copying the MobileBIService and MOBIServer folders from internal server down to the external server and restarting the Tomcat will work or do we need to install the mobile components in the external server and redeploy the webapps?

Thank you so much for your time and response!

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you do not use standard naming conventions, so that's why the confusion.

Tomcat is not a web server, it is a Java Application server.
Based on your description you have standard BI Platform server with Tomcat internally and you have web tier installed on external server.

In your situation you need to deploy Mobile components to tomcat server in DMZ

It is also not clear, why do you have both LB and Tomcat in DMZ and why do you have LB if you only have one Tomcat server.

Proper architecture in your situation would be: LB in DMZ, both tomcats internally.

Answers (0)