cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering digital signature from external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are developing an app that links to SAP via SUP. The app is designed to send UD information from SUP to ECC using the FM:

QSS7_CREATE_SIGNATURE_LOT_UD. The problem is surfaces when we implement digital signature. The FM triggers the pop-up for entry for credentials in SAP, while the service has no option of entering /passing the values to this screen.

I am not sure if this question should be posed here or as a part of Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) forum - I did not find the latter in the list of Spaces.

Please advise if there is anyway to accomplish this - either by running services in SAP or triggering UD and digital signature separately.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got me!  I would ask "who suggest using the FM QSS7_CREATE_SIGNATURE_LOT_UD?".

If it was an SUP consultant or in their documentation, then I would ask them how it should be implemented.  They shouldn't be suggesting something if they don't know how to do it.

If it's being developed internally, you are kind of on your own.  I don't know if this helps or not: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4077f8fa-95a4-2e10-4c81-9d05468cf...

I haven't used that FM but from taking a brief look at the above documentation I believe the FM is used to call up the signature box.  I don't believe it has a method for you pass in an account name and password to it.  Which, when you think about it makes sense.  A person isn't really executing the signature in your case are they?  So using an E-sig to sign something loaded by an interface seems to me to be in a very gray area of regulation.

I wouldn't bother with the e-sig but would validate the interface used to laod the UD.  This to me is similar to using a LIMS.  LIMS deals with the E-sig for he UD and then uploads the results and UD to SAP.  No e-sig is needed in SAP.  But if you manually make the UD in SAP in this same system, you need a the e-sig when you make the UD directly.

So I would think your process should be similar to that.

FF